overhead temperature guage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cobra1830

Reaction score
I want to add a digital teperature and compass overhead. Do Expeditions (1999) come pre-wired for this? Where can I buy one?

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Expy's did not have the Temp readout (at least it does not have it on my '98 EB, and I believe that the '99 is the same), but they do have the compass.

I do not believe they can prewired. I have read posts on other boards where the harnass was not found in the headliner. In any case, I think I have a better solution for you. **** makes monochromatic mirrors with the temp and compass functions. They are fairly common on newer vehicles thesedays. I would recommend installing one of their mirror options (see link):

http://www.cipamirrors.com/auto.htm

If you do this, you get the benefit of the autodimming mirror function as well.

Good luck :D

jimboh247

Reaction score
Outside temp

My 99 EB has the outside temp on the climate controls, not on the overhead console. If that is any help. I've never seen the mirror temp device mentioned in the last reply, but it sounds pretty neat and a whole lot easier. Hope I was of some help.