P flashing on gear shifter, parking brake on upon startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Reaction score
After my 18 Limited Max sits 1+ hours, when you open the door, the P on the shifter will be flashing, BRAKE light on on the cluster (before ever turning key on) and the electronic park brake is engaged upon startup.

Anyone had this happening?

Been fighting this for a few months, dealer has already tried once to fix and no go so it's going back again.

Thanks.

OP
OP
H

hosseface

Reaction score
Just an update to this if anyone else experiences this:

After over 3 + weeks at the dealer, it appears to be finally fixed.

They had to replace the main wiring harness inside the transmission. They advised they found 2 shorts in the harness. I've had the vehicle back since Tuesday with no issues and no trouble codes set.

It was setting a trouble code P07E4 - Unable to engage park.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. You win the forum award today for having a problem no one else has/had!!

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine engages if I slip it into park before I am completely stopped......

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was getting the "SERVICE PARKING BRAKE NOW" red screen on the dash and would not stop gonging as I drove it. I knew it wasn't applied as in neutral the vehicle could coast to a stop. Dealer had it for two days now and they had to trace a short in the wiring. I'm past the warranty and it was a 3 hr job...