P0455 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Gapafudus

Gapafudus

Reaction score
Hello Ed, so I received my vent solenoid Thursday, and of course put it in as soon as I got it. I didn't write here the same day because I wanted to drive the truck around and s e what happens. Well I think it's time to give you some info on it. Drove the truck couple of time and every time I would park I would go sniffing around, see if the fuel smell is present, could still smell some for about 3 rides. Yesterday went for a drive, after stopping couldn't smell it. Told my wife to drive back home and I'll chill in th passenger seat. When we got home and she parked, I went sniffing again, didn't smell nothing, asked my wife is she did, she said no. So I think I got my problem fixed. Also plugged in my innova scan tool, no codes stored. I hope it stays this way.

Ed_Strong

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's great news!!! Very happy for you and good to know... Where did you get the Canister Vent Valve at? I may get the part and throw it at it to see if it helps me!

Can you please report back in a few weeks or so, just to rule out the P0455 code from coming back?
I remember that whenever I do clear that code it takes a few days, sometimes a whole week before it comes back on!!!

OP
OP
Gapafudus

Gapafudus

Reaction score
I sure will do that, I'll let u know in a week or two. I got my part on eBay, seems to be the cheapest place. Find one that has good reviews.

OP
OP
Gapafudus

Gapafudus

Reaction score
Hey Ed, I guess it's been a week since last time I wrote here. So everything is stillness fine, no codes and no fuel smell. I even went on a 4 hr drive out of town and still good. I hope you fixed your problem, it fixed mine.

Ed_Strong

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the update... I may pickup the part and try it out!

OP
OP
Gapafudus

Gapafudus

Reaction score
I think it will fix ur problem like it did mine. I'm traveling next weekend from San Antonio to Denver, to visit my family, I will see how it does on a long drive.

jp6940

Reaction score
Glad to hear this! My wife’s truck having the same problem. Replaced fuel cap with motorcraft and code went away. Erased code.
A month later it returns! P0455!
This popped up soon after I replaced the fuel pump so I was thinking I left something disconnected? I really don’t think so but anything is possible.
Is your code still gone? I’m getting into it this week sometime.
Is it safe to drive like this? We don’t have emissions testing here...