Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dj2big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONS...

I traded in my 2011 7 months ago because the hood and the gate was starting to bubble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

willwalsh99

Reaction score
Some sources of Help for Expedition Paint Bubbling

I have been trying to get Ford to repair my paint issue for 1 1/2 years. The Ford rep that I met with almost a year ago wanted to help me and when he talked with his supervisors they told him if he were to approve my repair he would be audited. He was a young guy who Ford is lucky to have working for them but he was scared to do anything against upper management and apologized for not being able to help me. His name is Joshua Smitherman.

Fortunately I have found some help on Facebook and on this website.

Ford Paint Peeling, Ford Paint Problems, Dodge Paint Peeling, Honda Paint Peeling, Chrysler Paint Peeling, GM Paint Peeling, Ford Paint Chips, Toyota Paint Peeling, Nissan Paint Peeling, Mitsubishi Paint Peeling, Mercedes Paint Peeling, Hyundai Paint

Fill out their questionnaire and they will get back to you. They are not a law firm!
https://hostmypdf.com/en/project/336/Paint Durability Questionnaire.pdf.htm

Facebook: Search Ford/Mercury Peeling Paint Complaints On there you will see many who have sued ford and won. I am about to file my case in PA. Working with Stephen at Zestar I am going to take a slightly different approach due to some additional evidence that I am fortunate to have. I will let everyone know how it works out.

Mangina

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just noticed a bit of bubbling on my 2013's tailgate on either edge of the chrome piece. It sounds like I can take it to the dealer and have it fixed under the bumper to bumper warranty?

It blows my mind that a 2013 STILL has this problem, and Ford is building the new F150 body with aluminium panels. The sell a million F150s across North America every year. The noise from this problem is about to get a lot louder.

08montana

Reaction score
I have an 08 expedition with LOTS of bubbling on the rear hatch. My warranty is up obviously, but i would love my paint back to its nice condition:) Anybody know how a ball park estimate on much it will cost to get repainted? I'm going to get a quote at some point just haven't gotten around to it yet.

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One painter who works at a dealership quoted me $300 for the whole hatch and he can do it personnally. Of course no paperworks no warranty. Hope it helps

inmanlanier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
paint bubbling - liftgate at edges of chrome handle

I have a 2012 that I bought used last year. I have paint bubbling on the liftgate. I didn't check until just out of the 3/36 warranty (I think they will handle paint issues under that). I'm now at 37K miles, within 3 years. Now I have to fall under the 5 yr perforation warranty. By the way, I see numerous folks under the mis-conception that aluminum doesn't corrode - it certainly does. My guess based on this location is that it's a galvanic cell between the handle piece and the liftgate. I'll see what the lawyer site has to say.

Kotcholie

Reaction score
I received a similar response. We need all frustrated Expedition owners to become vocal regarding this issue.

inmanlanier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but related since I got a dig into them at Ford... I had one tire wearing oddly so I checked alignment - pretty good but the right rear had a little more negative camber than I liked. Unfortunately with the truck in the air we noted the front struts leaking and now I understand this is also an issue with these cars. I'm on the phone with Ford customer relations since I'm outside warranty - I have taken the opportunity to ping them on the paint bubbling as well. I told them I don't wish to wait until perforation - however I've asked them to log this complaint. Regarding the struts - they won't do anything (and I pressed them to note that we've owned 17 Ford products in my lifetime, 7 of which were Lincolns). My guess is they will do nothing with the paint either.

Mangina

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just noticed a bit of bubbling on my 2013's tailgate on either edge of the chrome piece. It sounds like I can take it to the dealer and have it fixed under the bumper to bumper warranty?

It blows my mind that a 2013 STILL has this problem, and Ford is building the new F150 body with aluminium panels. The sell a million F150s across North America every year. The noise from this problem is about to get a lot louder.

I just thought I'd update. I dropped my truck off for service this morning and brought up the bubbling on the liftgate and they sent some pictures to Ford and it's been approved for a repaint. I'm not completely sold that this will fix the problem, but at least they acknowledged the defect.

I also noticed bubbling on the back side of the tailgate right near the edges in addition to the bubbles around the trim piece, so it seems like the issue is more than just the trim piece rubbing the paint.

Oh well, I guess it's better than nothing and it least it will look good for a little while lol.