Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aw0519tford

Reaction score
2007 ford expediton limited with paint bubles

All,

i have a 2007 ford expedition limited with paint bubbles in the front hood and in the rear hatch section. The SUV has been kept in a garage and would like to understand what I can do to fix this issue. Seams like this is something Ford should fix through a recall.

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also have the bubbles on the liftgate. Its getting pretty noticeable although it hasn't broken through the clearcoat yet.

I share the same concerns about an aluminum F150. Might be great if they can keep paint on them (or clearcoat them all silver....Any color you want as long as its aluminum...)

Rjwecker

Reaction score
update from last year

I had my 2011 expedition lift gate repainted by Ford last year and this week while cleaning the car, noticed the start of more bubbling along the edge of the chrome of the license plate cover ,this time its out of warrantee according to Ford and my premium extended only covers "rust" which Ford knew that the aluminum wouldn't be covered.Makes you wonder how long they have known about this issue?

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are three Expys in our family and two more where I work. All have hood and tailgate issues both.
As a matter of fact, I literally can not find a single Expy that I can't find bubbling if I look close for it. Walk past one at the mall? hey, sure enough, bubbling...

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thankfully I don't have this on my 2011, but I was behind a 3rd gen at a drive-thru that had it. BAD. Wow, it looked like crap!

handyone

Reaction score
Maybe if we all had a sign made for our Expy's something like " If you are thinking about buying a new F150 look at my (liftgate, hood, whatever) to see how FORD paints aluminum body panels" would get their attention! I just happen to live where F150's are made.

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A lot of people are using information from Zestar and filing a small claims action in their local jurisdictions AND Ford is losing those cases. Zestar.com also has a Facebook presence and information worth reading. Ford is repairing my still B2B 2012 Expy this Monday, but I expect to have more trouble after the B2B warranty runs out. When I do I will be using Zestar information to file a claim in my JP court

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, I have recently discovered the place to make complaints is on Social media. Follow Ford on Twitter and post your complaints there where it is very public and the news media monitors. They love taking down a big profitable company. Ford will react very quickly, I'm not sure what they will do but if they see a flood of complaints there it might get some action.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire