Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry been busy with the holidays and traveling.

But the over all experience was terrible, terrible customer service, didn't fix an issue they said they fixed with the seat. Very little communication and when we did get a hold of them they didn't know what was going on. Took an extra 5 days longer than quoted. To top it off they bolted their license plate border around my License plate.

I should point out my terrible experience was with the local dealership and not necessarily Ford.
Thanks for the update, Static54.

Is your vehicle still experiencing the same symptoms? If so, let me explore available options to assist. What’s the current mileage?

I’ll gladly document your dealer experience as well. Please PM your full name, VIN, dealer name, and best daytime phone number.

Tricia

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, how did I know?

But I'll tell you this much I love my Expedition, I'll build it like a monster and drive it till the wheels fall off, but I will never buy Ford again.

MightyMouse

Reaction score
same problem here.. Warranty on corrosion expired 7/17/2014.. I spoke with service and they said if it's not rust it's not covered by corrosion.. Only the bumper to bumper... That expired long ago.. So the whole liftgate is bubbling up on an otherwise great looking truck..

Ford should really consider addressing this issue..

jimjim111

Reaction score
Tell everyone you know not to buy a ford product

I have tried every thin to have my hood taken care of by ford.They will do nothing,this is my 5th Expedition I have bought.Never again will I buy a ford.I know many people ,3 of my friends just bought Chevy .I will now buy Chevy.I am taking from to court through Small Claims Court.ford is a no good company .
PLEASE TELL EVERY ONE YOU KNOW NOT TO BUY A FORD.
jim

MightyMouse

Reaction score
I have tried every thin to have my hood taken care of by ford.They will do nothing,this is my 5th Expedition I have bought.Never again will I buy a ford.I know many people ,3 of my friends just bought Chevy .I will now buy Chevy.I am taking from to court through Small Claims Court.ford is a no good company .
PLEASE TELL EVERY ONE YOU KNOW NOT TO BUY A FORD.
jim

I think you're making some of that up.. Perhaps you're a GM shill who just wants to bash Ford..
5 posts on the forum, all 5 in this thread, all expressing how you had under 40k miles, but wouldn't be helped with ACTUAL rust that came through the paint, regardless of how untrue that probably is the ford Warranty explicitly says it will cover such a thing..

I don't care what Ford does .. They can put napalm in the AC units.. I still wouldn't buy a GM or Dodge.. I guess if I ever bail on Ford I'll be going to Toyota and staying there..

dirtrider

Reaction score
I find it absolutely crazy that Ford has had this same problem for over a decade on the same model. I would have been even more pissed if I upgraded my 2003 just to encounter the same thing again. Does Ford care about repeat buyers? I would have thought so especially with the dwindling segment of full size SUVs.

Mangina

Full Access Members
Reaction score
has anyone gotten any help with their trucks? any updates?

I should be getting mine back tomorrow. They sent it to the body shop, who decided they couldn't fix it and just put on a new liftgate. All covered under warranty.

The dealer was really concerned that I make sure the bumper to bumper warranty wasn't up, but I'm just under the mileage limit. I suspect if the new liftgate bubbles after the bumper to bumper is up, I'll be SOL. Hopefully I luck out.