Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimjim111

Reaction score
Don't buy a ford

I'm guessing this guy works for dodge or GM. He pushes people to go to a different brand at every opportunity.

no mouse I buy fords,not now ,EVERYONE please stand up to these pimps from ford motor company.get a Lawyer,or take them to small claims court.You will win.If we stand up to the pimps they may see they have a BIG problem on there hands.Please look at what GM or Dodge have to offer.DON"T BUY ANYTHING ford.Please stand up to these pimps

cardoctor

Reaction score
wish i found this site before buying a 2011 with 50 k . 2 bubbles on the tailgate . the paint warranty is 12m 12k miles dealer's first estimate $2700 Ford offered $1200
today the dealer's new estimate $2100 ford still offering $1200 in assistance and told me the offer is only good for 3 days. wtf

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wish i found this site before buying a 2011 with 50 k . 2 bubbles on the tailgate . the paint warranty is 12m 12k miles dealer's first estimate $2700 Ford offered $1200
today the dealer's new estimate $2100 ford still offering $1200 in assistance and told me the offer is only good for 3 days. wtf

Take them to small claims court. The warranty defense is irrelevant. This is a manufacturing defect and one that Ford has been aware of for over a decade. The only way to fix it is to strip it, remove the oxidation, and repaint it.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do we know what years this affects? What is the newest truck we have seen with the problem? Mine is an 08.

I've been shopping 2009-2012 Expeditions and found the problem on all but one of them (we have looked at or called about over 60 vehicles).

Kotcholie

Reaction score
Paint bumbling

I got the exact same canned response from Ford. What a bunch of BS.
Last Ford I will ever buy!

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2010 tail gate just started to blister near the chrome. How does the paint stick to the new F150 ? Why buy one ?

ad6562760@gmail

Reaction score
Paint bubbling

I've been dealing with this paint issue on my 2008 Expedition since 2009. Ford won't do anything about this. I was thinking of getting a group of us together and showing our trucks to the media since Ford is pushing the aluminum F-150. Every expedition and navigator on the road has this problem.

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also have this problem on my 07. Its bad around the rear window, license plate and chrome trim piece. You can clearly see the aluminum in spots around the window. Its also starting on the underside of my hood too.

Local guy body shop quoted me ~$800 to take off the hatch, strip, repaint and reinstall. Sounds like that's a good price from what I can see.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also have this problem on my 07. Its bad around the rear window, license plate and chrome trim piece. You can clearly see the aluminum in spots around the window. Its also starting on the underside of my hood too.

Local guy body shop quoted me ~$800 to take off the hatch, strip, repaint and reinstall. Sounds like that's a good price from what I can see.

Make sure you get a lifetime warranty on the paint. If the oxidation remains and is simply painted over, it will peel again.

tnwrarick

Reaction score

I have the same problem as all, 2007 with bubbling and chips in hood and hatch. Got a quote of 1800 to do both, with removing all Hw before painting. I'll look for another quote or two, looks like I could get down to 1500 or so. I'll be sending a note to ford also, but I'm skeptical.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccky