Pass Mirror Moves While Parked/Off and Doesn't Move to Memory When Started

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AutoKerl

Reaction score
Kind of a cryptic subject... 06 Limited. Sometime after vehicle is shut off the pass mirror moves (drops a little bit) and then at next start up doesn't automatically move to the memorized location. If I press the #1 memory button it will then move to the memorized position (as it should.) Shut off the truck and it all happens again.

While it's not the nd of my world it is annoying. Anyone have any experience or suggestion(s) as to how to remedy?

Thank you.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I press the #1 memory button it will then move to the memorized position (as it should.) Shut off the truck and it all happens again.

Haven't a clue why it is doing that but,
You can set your memory to your key fob so when you unlock the truck with your fob it moves everything to your memory. (check owners manual for how to set up) You can also set your other fob to memory 2 for the other person who drives your truck.

if you set that up the mirror might raise back up when you unlock the truck with your fob.

Not a fix but at least its a button you had to hit anyway.

OP
OP
A

AutoKerl

Reaction score
Good idea bringing up the fob. I had forgotten about that. You're right, unlocking the doors should set the mirrors to the correct position.