Passenger side valve cover removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

babycakes311

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to do the timing job on my 2007 Expedition EL. Just starting to get a little rattle at start-up. Trying to get all my ducks in a row before I start and I am looking for advice from a first hand source. I am wondering if discharging/evacuating the AC is necessary for removing the passenger side valve cover? Seems like the F150 guys say it can be done without discharging the AC. But I haven't been able to find anything about the Expedition.

Does anyone here know? Any other tips/pointers for the timing job? Thanks

ricco4592

Reaction score
On my 08 I was able to remove mine to replace the VCT, just takes a little finesse and a lot of patience. No need to do anything with the A/C. I worked it slowly away until it cleared the A/C line. take off all the coils for more clearance.

peterwells

Reaction score
Was able to remove the passenger valve cover from a late 2008 without opening AC system. Definitely requires some wrestling but doable. I pretty much followed the YouTube videos.

Peter

Forte

Reaction score
Small bump to this thread... I just gave up after wrestling with my passenger side valve cover on my 2007. It's the wire harness that's holding me up from what I can see... How did you all get enough slack out of the harness to get it out of the way?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire