2005 5.4L Expedition Removing passenger valve cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erickperez

Reaction score
I am changing the roller arms on the Expy (using Melling rollers) and I had an extremely hard time removing the passenger valve cover. Mainly because I was not able to lift the valve cover enough to pull it out. And it was because of the two hoses in the back to the right of the valve cover.
I posted an image to identify it and hopefully I can get some ideas for more clearance when I put it back.
Expedition 2005 5.4L 3V

hose lines.png

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are the bolts all the way out ? Usually it's the big AC hose in the front that's the big hassle. You can use Super Glue to hold the gasket in place for the reassembly. Sometimes it takes a helper(with a 2x4...) to push the hose(s) out of the way enough to give you clearance. You have a set of Gearwrench flex head wrenches right ? (For the lower bolts...). Wheelwell liner removed for access to the lower bolts and trans dipstick tube bolt ?