Pcv valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enigma346

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So apparently my PCV valve is on the passenger side valve cover. The hose runs from that to the throttle body right? What runs on the driver side then? There is a hole on that valve cover as well. I know it is something simple I'm missing while putting this truck back together.

Edit:: 2003 Expedition XLT
4.6L 4x4

Last edited:

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The hole in the driver's side valve cover should have a grommet in it and an elbow and pipe going to the air filter duct prior to the throttle body. If you have the stock air filter box there are two nipples on the driver's side of the duct that the hoses connect to. One is the PCV air inlet breather pipe and the other is the air supply to the idle air control valve.

Top pipe goes to the idle air control valve, bottom pipe is the PCV inlet air tube to the valve cover....

V2h01a.jpg

OP
OP
E

Enigma346

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll check on that tomorrow when I have light. It's dark here now. Much appreciated!

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Are we talking about a 03-04 2v or 05-06 3v? Cause theres nothing the OP can do about a "PC valve" that doesnt exist on the 05-06 motors.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Habbies asking what year/engine your vehicle is? Please guys/girls, state that in all original posts! It makes a difference in our diagnostic of your SUV.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

Enigma346

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry. It was in my signature. I'll make sure to post it in an original post.
03-04 2v or 05-06 3v? Not sure I follow.

2003 Expedition XLT
4.6L 4x4