Pictures of My 05 Expedition with King Ranch Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dadamaja

Reaction score
Simply beautiful. I love em, I have the same color expy so I know what my truck will look like :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S®4

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy, Did you lowered your truck? Notice the wheel well is filled. Thanks

It has air suspension and it lowers when you shut it off to ease exiting. When the ignition is on its pumped up another 2" in 2 WD if you put it in 4WD LO it comes up even higher to give you ground clearance when four wheeling.

larshell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok got it that's the reason why your truck is lower than mine just comparing it from your photo. Many Thanks Andy!

mh68

Reaction score
I got my 20" '09 F-150 King Ranch wheels with 275/60/R20 put on my truck. Here are a few pics.

za9evytu.jpgdu2uha3y.jpgyhuny5ys.jpg7atutadu.jpg3equnypy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Andy, are the 20" tires the same height as the stock tires so as not to mess up the speedometer reading? I'm curious because I'm looking at some 20" King Ranch wheels and was wondering what tire size to get to maintain the stock height. Thanks

Mike

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy, are the 20" tires the same height as the stock tires so as not to mess up the speedometer reading? I'm curious because I'm looking at some 20" King Ranch wheels and was wondering what tire size to get to maintain the stock height. Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

No my tires are bigger. They are 275/60/20 they should be 275/55/20 to be the exact diameter as the stock 265/70/17. These are what came with my wheels so I just figured that I would run them until they are worn out and then I'll replace them with either the 275/55/20 or I might go to a 305/50/20 same diameter.

As far as my speedometer being off, it was actually off with the stock tires. I was on a trip through PA with it and I drove past a couple of the radar display units at 70 MPH but the radar said I was only going 65. I had the dealer reprogram the speedo for the 20" tires and now I feel it's pretty close.

mh68

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

No my tires are bigger. They are 275/60/20 they should be 275/55/20 to be the exact diameter as the stock 265/70/17. These are what came with my wheels so I just figured that I would run them until they are worn out and then I'll replace them with either the 275/55/20 or I might go to a 305/50/20 same diameter.

As far as my speedometer being off, it was actually off with the stock tires. I was on a trip through PA with it and I drove past a couple of the radar display units at 70 MPH but the radar said I was only going 65. I had the dealer reprogram the speedo for the 20" tires and now I feel it's pretty close.

Thanks for the info, Andy. That's what I needed to know. Did you notice any difference in acceleration with the larger wheels? I have a 95 tbird as well that I put 18x8 aluminum wheels on and I noticed it takes a little bit more to get it going.

Mike