Pissed me off enough to make a video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spud

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I admit I get mad pretty easy over issues that I feel are just wrong and I tend to not let it ride or let it go, yes its a not always good but at times it may help others and I hope this is one of times it might help others save a little.

Over Priced Parts From O'Reilly's and they DONT CARE! - YouTube

Video I made to show how much more O'Reilly's online charged me for the exact same part, part number and brand compared to other online sellers.

I went with O'Reilly still but cant help but wonder if its just blind dedication that I did it.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My fraud background waves all sorts of red flags when I see stuff like that. Just because they list it as Dorman's part with a picture commonly found on the Internet, doesn't mean it isn't just a pipe painted black that they fabricated in their garage. You won't know until it shows up at your doorstep. I'm not saying that this is the case, but its just hard to know.

Other things you have to consider is that O'Reilly needs to keep all of those stores open with their lights on 7 days a week, so of course their mark-up is going to be higher than a website that has no stores and very little staff.

I never order parts from websites I have never heard of, but I found your part on JC Whitney for $88 bucks and obviously they are fairly trustworthy, so I would cancel your order and place it with them haha.

Dorman OE Replacement Trailing Arm - JCWhitney

slhanks4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Simple. Don't buy from O'Reilly then. Same part is $87.79 from Rock Auto. It pays to shop around.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can understand that you were pissed off due to the price that O'Reilly charged for the trailing arm. But I also feel that you were pissed off at the wrong people/person.

If you ordered and paid for the part from O'Reilly's without first checking other suppliers to see if the item was available at lower prices then the one you should be pissed at is YOURSELF not O'Reilly's.

Hopefully you learned a valuable lesson from YOUR mistake.

And if O'Reilly's has a return policy and you failed to take advantage of their return policy then again it is your mistake.

in the future do as the Yellow Pages advertise LET YOUR FINGERS DO THE WALKING

Last edited:

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some prices are comparable while others are overpriced like that. They aren't the only store that does that and they may be buying them at a higher price because they are buying a smaller volume. Bestbuy won't match Walmart's prices because they are considered a warehouse. Also sometimes shipping costs too much or takes to long so you'd be willing to pay more for convenience. Not always a bad thing.

Last edited:

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oreilley's is a storefront. They have overhead that likely those other shops don't. I've had instances where Oreilley's is the same price or cheaper than online, also I've had instances where Oreilley's was open at 10pm when I had an emergency that I was not able to wait even next day for a part and they had it and I was glad to pay the extra price for.

You may have found an outlier, though I hardly find it enough evidence to demonize an otherwise convenient business. If Oreilley's matched all online prices, they would be an online only store.

Please try to use your head and not bash on a store because you didn't try to find the best price first.

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh forgot to mention check Wal-Mart for battery and oil prices. They are usually way better even at sale prices.

slurp animal

Reaction score
Last time I went into O'reilly's they were discussing how foreign cars such as Hondas or Toyota's are so much better than american vehicles..and my problem was, of course, that I drive a Ford..."ok".

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last time I went into O'reilly's they were discussing how foreign cars such as Hondas or Toyota's are so much better than american vehicles..and my problem was, of course, that I drive a Ford..."ok".

I wouldn't say much better if at all. There's a lot that it depends on like model, year, engine, etc. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire