PlastiDip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just got my 6 cans of PlastiDip @ Lowe's, so weather & time permitting i hope to have at least the bumpers & wheel well trim done up before the weekend is over. so besides the obvious (masking, removing wheels), any other thing or tips i should know? thanks in advance. :cheers:

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you have a garage...just take everything off and put the truck on blocks

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you have a garage...just take everything off and put the truck on blocks

easier said than done Free, i have a garage, however my truck isn't fitting in it. my Expy is too big to get in. daym garage was made for a go-kart! thanks any way.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
You probably already know this but..... start with a really light coat that you can still almost see through, and then let it dry 20mins to half an hour..and continue adding coats . I went 4 coats on mine. Stuff is awesome.

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
# of cans

You probably already know this but..... start with a really light coat that you can still almost see through, and then let it dry 20mins to half an hour..and continue adding coats . I went 4 coats on mine. Stuff is awesome.

thanks Lane. how many cans did you end up using when it was all said n done?

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
weather

Dont let the cans get cold!! Keep them inside when you aren't using them.

good looking out! speaking of cold, w/ Sandy sweeping through here our temps here have dropped 40s-50s. so w/ that being said, how cold is too cold to try & spray this stuff on?

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As long as the stuff was room temp, it worked fine for me. I left the cans in my truck overnight (0 to -10 F) and then tried to spray the next day and it came out in large chunks instead of a nice spray haha. I put them in some warm water for a bit, and after that they worked great. It was about 10 degrees when I did my rims. Still holds just fine. So you should be more than fine to go ahead and spray.

And post pics when you are done!

Last edited:
OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cool thanks F&P. hopefully i can get to doin' 'em this weekend. w/ my job offerin' OT tomorrow as well as a wedding later on that day, it looks like Sunday (before football of course) might be only day i will have a chance to work on 'em. i will definitely post pics once done.