Platinum 360 Cameras - Dashcam Use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Platinum comes with cameras all around, and thus 360 camera views. Has anyone heard of a way to tap into these to make use of them as dashcam/parking footage?
We've had this discussion before. And by "had this discussion" I mean someone asked the same question you did, no one answered the question, and everyone started arguing about something completely different. But hey, maybe we'll get a real answer this time.

TheLastGentleman

Reaction score
I'm interested in this but I can't imagine an easy way to hack into it. Is there such a thing as adding an accessory to a Sync system?

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Platinum comes with cameras all around, and thus 360 camera views. Has anyone heard of a way to tap into these to make use of them as dashcam/parking footage?
Ford does not offer a record option due to various state privacy laws.

However, Ford does offer a stand alone system for less than $400

Bill

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe tapping into the front and rear cams might be useful, but the two side mirror cams point to the ground, don't they?

TheLastGentleman

Reaction score
It can't be due to privacy laws, you can get it in a BMW. I believe it constantly records and you can grab 30 seconds back if you want to save it.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know of devices that can add cameras to Sync, like the Rostra devices, but not one that can pull the existing feed.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
However, Ford does offer a stand alone system for less than $400
Not in stock and, as you said a stand alone system that doesn't interact with the 360. Stats appear to make it a sub par system for what you can find elsewhere....

They would probably sell a bunch if the 360 cameras could be involved in some manner!

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not in stock and, as you said a stand alone system that doesn't interact with the 360. Stats appear to make it a sub par system for what you can find elsewhere....

They would probably sell a bunch if the 360 cameras could be involved in some manner!

I'll be adding a two camera system to my Expedition when it comes in so I do not have to deal with yahoos in traffic trying to merge between my truck and trailer. Yes, really, happened to me in NJ back in 2003 or 2004, rush hour traffic, me in my 2000 Expedition (Green), towing a white 20 foot enclosed race car trailer....Women on her phone, not paying attention, attempted to merge between the two. After the corner of my trailer dug in to her fender and hood (small car, maybe Toyota Corolla of that time period), I was not moving at the time, only she was. Got out to see what happened, she is still talking on her phone, refused to roll down the window, when the state police got there, she rolled her window down and started yelling that "my truck" would not let her merge in and that my white truck was at fault. Trooper got her out of the car and advised her of her reckless driving ticket, her insurance paid for the repair of my trailer without question....

Bill