Platinum Grill on XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GB19XLT

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Is the platinum grill a direct swap from the xlt grill? I doubt the xlt has any sort of camera wiring ran to the front, but was just curious if the platinum grill was a direct swap out. Thanks!

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have not found the complete assembly online and I haven’t been to the dealership to have them look it up . I think all the grills look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dillon Cawthon

Reaction score
As far as swapping the whole grill goes it should be a direct swap.

I wish there was more info out about removing the grill.

I took the front bumper off yesterday to get a piece painted so the whole grill is exposed. I was curious if just the black grille surround part of the stealth grill would swap into my platinum grill. I cannot figure out what else is holding the grill on though. I have removed two bolts up top and three along the bottom, but something is still holding it on.

It's loose, but something is holding it on on both sides right around where the headlights are. Surely you don't have to pull the headlights to get to some other bolts.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As far as swapping the whole grill goes it should be a direct swap.

I wish there was more info out about removing the grill.

I took the front bumper off yesterday to get a piece painted so the whole grill is exposed. I was curious if just the black grille surround part of the stealth grill would swap into my platinum grill. I cannot figure out what else is holding the grill on though. I have removed two bolts up top and three along the bottom, but something is still holding it on.

It's loose, but something is holding it on on both sides right around where the headlights are. Surely you don't have to pull the headlights to get to some other bolts.

Theres probably all kinds of crazy plastic clips or something that you can't see!

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the inserts are the only difference, maybe someone has an assembly manual that would show the inserts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition