Please help me pick floor mats....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flexpy19

Reaction score
It has probably already been answered but does the weather tech cargo mat for the max cover just the area when the third row is up, or second and third row, and if second and third row how does it fit with third row being used?

gbobcat

Reaction score
It has probably already been answered but does the weather tech cargo mat for the max cover just the area when the third row is up, or second and third row, and if second and third row how does it fit with third row being used?

Weathertech sells two options for the Max (and maybe the non-Max?). One fits the area when the 3rd row is up, and one fits the area when the 3rd row is down. Based on my research and the other big mat discussion on here, it sounds like you end up picking one or both. The bigger one doesn't fold to just cover the smaller area. I don't want to deal with swapping mats or awkwardly folding, so I opted for the Canvasback approach instead, based on recommendations in the aforementioned thread. I'm still waiting on delivery.

All-Weather Floor Mat Options

I decided to go with the Weathertech for the 1st/2nd Captains/3rd, though. They just arrived today, but I have yet to install.

gbobcat

Reaction score
One other thought on the Weathertech for the cargo area: The rigid mat prevents the use of the underfloor cargo boxes and the lifting cargo system (if you have it). That's another reason I decided to try Canvasback.

rhk118

Reaction score
I have 3 rows of the husky liners and my cargo area is the short weather tech. Husky and Weathertech are basically the same material and same thickness. Had the ford rubber floor mats and the Huskies give more and better floor coverage, with no seams in the 2nd row like the Ford mats have (think spilled drinks from kids seeping through the ford seam)...Both Husky and Weathertech seem to be same durability and same material - you can't go wrong with either, both made here in USA. Yes the short weather tech cargo mat will slide around a bit in back when the 3rd row is down, but keep my winter ice scraper/broom on it and they stay put and easy to get into the sub-floor cargo compartment. Also bought a 3x2 foot water hog mat to sit on the folded down seats until Ford makes the rear cargo carpet available, then will go to that.

Looked long and hard at the canvas backs but don't haul that much dirty stuff to go that route...

Troy Melerine

Reaction score
Emailed Husky today about the x-act for 2018
They said
“I am so sorry it will be a while they are having issues with the mold for the x-act contour so they are trying to work that issue out before we can start to make them “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxBrian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got the Maxliners for all 3 rows.
I had weathertechs on a previous truck and they didn't fit great so thought I'd try these this go around.
They fit perfect and similar to weathertech in fit and finish.

JennyD

Reaction score
I had Weathertech's in my Durango (1st/2nd row), and the 2nd row curled up pretty quickly on top of the 1st row not fitting quite right on the driver's side. We went with the Ford version of Weathertech in the Expy and have been really happy with them (1st/2nd row). I bought an aftermarket cargo liner for the Expy (had the same one in the Durango): https://www.carid.com/2018-ford-expedition-cargo-liner/lloyd-cargo-mats-345130.html. It rolls up easily when you need the 3rd row seat and they make a separate liner to fit behind the 3rd row as well. Highly recommend if you end up not using Weathertech.

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have had my '18 LTD Max for a year now... It came with the Ford rubber all weather mats and I really like them. They don't cover as much as the Weathertech or Husky liners but the heavy rubber material is superior, IMO. My only complaint about them is they don't have mats for the third row and the cargo area to match. I do have the Ford cargo mat that's reversible carpet/rubber, which covers the area behind the third row. it slides about and is a pain, it really needed some way to anchor it. I ordered the weather tech for the third row last fall...

Had great luck with weather tech for years, but on my '16 F-350 and now the Expy, it's like they don't fit that well compared to how well they used to do. And they seem to be more prone to warping and curling up at the edges than in the past. Something has definitely changed and I'm not as happy with them as with ones we had on other older vehicles.

GunnerRetz

Reaction score
I also have the Weathertech mats for all three rows and am pleased with them. If you have 2nd row captain's chairs, the 2nd row mat, aisle area between the captains's chairs, and the 3rd row mat are all one piece (looks like a big "H"). If you have the 2nd row bench, the 2nd row and 3rd row mats are separate pieces.

+1, I have the same and it fits like a glove back there. Was super surprised at how well it fit and how everything laid down in the recesses, etc..

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got the MaxLiners for my 2019, all three rows and the cargo area. I think they are just as good at the weathertechs that I had in my Jeep Commander. I bought them direct from MaxLiner, they were on sale and a fantastic deal. I think the fit and finish is great. Very similar to weathertech. I would agree that the more rubbery Husky mats are nice but I don't mind the plastic feel of these and think they are fine. I would buy them again for sure.