Please help me pick floor mats....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex Lou

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just picked up a 2018 Expedition and need to get 3 rows of mats. I had Husky X-ACT mats for my F150 and loved the rubbery feel. Unfortunately, all Husky has for a 2018 Expedition are WeatherBeaters. My understanding is they are somewhere between the rubbery feel of X-ACTs and the plastic feel of Weathertechs. What do you guys recommend? Are there other brands that are as good?

Mothnuts

Reaction score
I used Weathertechs for years in my pickups, but had wrote them off probably 5 to 7 years ago because they didn’t seem to fit as good and would curl up. Due to the limited options of floor mats for the Expedition and recommendations on this forum I decided to try them again and couldn’t be happier. They fit perfect out of the box, seemed to flex a bit more, and have yet to curl up on the edges. I’d definitely recommend the Weathertechs for all 3 rows. (Technically the 2nd and 3rd row are connected)

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also have the Weathertech mats for all three rows and am pleased with them. If you have 2nd row captain's chairs, the 2nd row mat, aisle area between the captains's chairs, and the 3rd row mat are all one piece (looks like a big "H"). If you have the 2nd row bench, the 2nd row and 3rd row mats are separate pieces.

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you do a search, there is some good information on this site about people's opinions on floor matts. Several people have posted pictures so you can see the matts in real world applications.

I personally chose the Weathertech's

aporthole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They don’t cover as much as the WeatherTechs and Husky ones, but I really like the Ford ones as they are the most rubbery and flexible.

DD777

Reaction score
We chose the WeatherTechs as well and love them. The second row captains chair mat option that covers the area in between the seats is fantastic as previously mentioned.

OP
OP
A

Alex Lou

Reaction score
Looks like most of you like Weathertechs. Aren't they slippery when wet (coming in from the rain)?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a 2018, but I just put WeatherTech floor liners in my 3rd gen. Thought I’d add I’m happy with the fit/ finish as a whole...good product. They are more rigid so you can remove the whole mat and hose out to clean (in warmer months of course). They fit the shape instead of a generic floor covering. Also made in usa, I’d recommend them.