Please help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exp099

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So yesterday my truck was making a noise in the engine. Sort of small explosion and i opened the hood and notice that the spark plug cable from the left far back was out and broken so iwent to an auto parts store and bought a new one and does the same thing it rejects it amd pushes it out. So i took the spark plug and its threaded idk how amd now i cant get the new one in... Any suggestions??? Do i need to replace something...??

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for help toms89.. Is it hard to have it repairded? Cost a lot of money?

It's my understanding that they are not difficult to install, and most shops I'm sure are equipped with the kit already. I would imagine if you paid someone it would not be more than 150-200 bucks.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I personally have not done one myself but several others here have. Hopefully they will speak up when they see the thread.

If you want to repair it yourself you need to purchase, rent or borrow the kit to install the thread insert. It can be done without removing the heads but can't speak myself about the difficulty. I believe thermo was loaning his set out but have not seen him online in a while. Maybe PM him.

Do a search on spark plug blowout on expeditions you will come up with a lot of stuff.