plowing 2017, cabin air filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Snow plowing with any vehicle is the worst thing you can do to it just ask anyone who does it professionally. I don't care if it is an ATV or a Peterbilt tri axle. You don't think plowing with an ATV is not taxing the power train? Not wearing the belt or clutches more than just driving it on the trails? Hit something and tweek the frame? It kills powertrains, brakes, frames, axles, bearings you name it. We have been plowing snow commercially since the early 1960's. True you have to know what you are doing, many do not and be prepared for quite a bit of extra maintenance. I have been plowing commercially with the same truck since 1995, but I see plenty of new pickups being flatbeded almost every storm. But hey if you want to plow with a $50K expy then go for it. As for the ATVs we have a few and like to keep them reliable for going deep in the woods...would never think of putting a plow on them - two even have tracks for the winter.
I hear what you're saying and agree with you; however, you're comparing plowing commercially to a guy plowing his driveway. I definitely wouldn't advise hanging an 8' Fisher plow off the front of an Expy. I've plowed commercially for quite a few years. Keep up on the maintenance and a truck will be fine. I sold my 05 F350 6.0 after 6 years of plowing and it was still a nearly perfect truck. I took good care of it.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like only the 5.0 V8 can be optioned with the snow plow prep pack on the F-150. Since the expy has the 3.5 ford says no.....maybe you could make modifications but these really aren’t great plow trucks.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hear what you're saying and agree with you; however, you're comparing plowing commercially to a guy plowing his driveway. I definitely wouldn't advise hanging an 8' Fisher plow off the front of an Expy. I've plowed commercially for quite a few years. Keep up on the maintenance and a truck will be fine. I sold my 05 F350 6.0 after 6 years of plowing and it was still a nearly perfect truck. I took good care of it.
How long is your driveway?

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
We
How long is your driveway?
We're in VA. Hasn't been much call for it for me. The OP was the one asking about it. I wouldn't want to plow my old Massachusetts plow route with an Expy that's fo sho!

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We

We're in VA. Hasn't been much call for it for me. The OP was the one asking about it. I wouldn't want to plow my old Massachusetts plow route with an Expy that's fo sho!
Oops. Thought I was responding to the OP. We're in VA also, and the wife who is from Wisconsin keeps asking me when I'm gonna buy a snowblower. I'm still able to offer up really good sounding reasons, for now.

Full disclosure: I used to live in Alaska, and we didn't have one there, either.

OP
OP
T

Tomct

Reaction score
I have a 400 foot drive way down hill straight.
I plowed with a Dodge Dakota quad cad for last 19 years . Just got to rusted.
Had a light weight Snow bear plow
Ride the breaks most of the time going down hill.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65