Plush Seat Covers or salvage Navigator seats???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Mankey

Reaction score
So....My wife has always had scoliosis. However, she recently had to go through 8 surgeries in her abdomen as well. After all this my wife's back and sides are very sensitive. So sensitive that she cannot ride in our RAV4 any longer. So we are giving that away to our son to take when he leaves for college this summer.

So we have been trying to find a replacement vehicle. Over the last 3 months, I think we have sat in almost every make and model that offers a power passenger seat (she thinks that helps). I like our 2010 Expy and don't want to get rid of it, but that seat also bothers her. Thankfully not as badly. But my wife test drove a 2016 Navigator and liked the seats so much better. The primary reason is because they are plush.....much more plush than our Eddie Bauer. She was not sure if the power seat mattered or not. Right now we are driving my teen son's old 1996 Buick Park Avenue that has the super plush, totally flat manual bench seat, and it works well for her. So plush, not per say power, seems to be a theme I am seeing.

Soo...........Does anyone know of a company that makes an almost excessively plush seat cover?

If not, would I be able to find a salvage Navigator (I am assuming 2009 - 2014) and swap the seats out? Is the bolt pattern and all the plugs compatible?

I thought if anyone would know this, it would be here.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try a seat cover first as it is the cheapest option. If she doesn't like it, then return if you can and then pursue the junk yards. Pretty sure that sits will fit. Electrically, you may want to call a Ford Parts department and ask questions. You would likley have to check out 2010 Navigator Seats and also make sure that your Expy has the same switches etc.

dmitch26

Reaction score
I just purchased leather Katskinz off of ebay, for my 2010. They are around $2,000, I think. That is the whole interior. A friend does interiors, so he will help me install for $200. At the time of install, he said we'll check out the foam. A good interior installer should be able to add/incorporate memory foam to make the seats fuller/plush.