Po353 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueovalguy

Reaction score
I've got a 2006 Expedition just changed the throttle body about 2 weeks ago.Two days ago I get a Po353 code.Engine isn't miss firing or skipping.I checked the wiring nothing is wrong that I can tell.I'm out of ideas.Any suggestions would be helpful.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
P0353 - Ignition Coil C Primary/Secondary Circuit
Description: See the description for DTC P0350.
Possible Causes: See the possible causes for DTC P0350.
Diagnostic Aids: See the diagnostic aids for DTC P0350.

P0350 - Ignition Coil Primary/Secondary Circuit
Description: Each ignition primary circuit is continuously monitored. The test fails when the powertrain control module (PCM) does not receive a valid ignition diagnostic monitor (IDM) pulse signal from the ignition module (integrated in the PCM).
Possible Causes: Open or short in the Ignition START/RUN circuit
Open coil driver circuit
Coil driver circuit shorted to ground
Damaged coil
Coil driver circuit shorted to VPWR

Diagnostic Aids: Use the 12-volt non-powered test lamp to verify START/RUN voltage at the ignition coil harness connector.
Check the coil driver circuit for open, short to VPWR, or short to ground.

OP
OP
B

Blueovalguy

Reaction score
Not so sure about the ignition coil

I've changed the ignition coil pack and reset the code.The code hasn't come back but the engine is sputtering at 45 to 50 mph.I don't know if the speed has anything to do with the issue. There's no miss fire at idle or any other time than disgust above.I'm starting to think maybe a fuel injector.Any ideas would be helpful thanks in advance.

spivey88

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Expedtiton 5.4 and im getting the P0353 code. I changed the #3 coil and didnt fix it. Any ideas would be awesome, thanks