Possible to start the car in Eco drive mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Aquineas

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I wonder if this is something that is supported by FORScan?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I wonder if this is something that is supported by FORScan?

I believe it is, although I know 0 about FORScan. There’s a thread around here somewhere with some things a few folks have put together.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Just curious, what does "eco" mode do in a yatch that weights 3 tons?

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious, what does "eco" mode do in a yatch that weights 3 tons?
Like all eco modes, it's primary purpose is to change the driver's behaviour. It will shift more slowly, upshift more quickly, and keep rpms generally lower than normal mode.

Think of it as "granny" mode - you won't be far off.

If it saves 5% in a 3 ton vehicle that's more savings than 5% in a 1-ton vehicle... (rationalization ends now :) )

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like all eco modes, it's primary purpose is to change the driver's behaviour. It will shift more slowly, upshift more quickly, and keep rpms generally lower than normal mode.

Think of it as "granny" mode - you won't be far off.

If it saves 5% in a 3 ton vehicle that's more savings than 5% in a 1-ton vehicle... (rationalization ends now :) )

I actually like eco mode, but not for the “fuel savings” (lol). In sport mode I can feel every single downshift; coming up to a stop light I can feel a slight bump each time the truck kicks down. And sport mode just holds the gears way too long...this is not nascar, I don’t need it to hold them that long. Same thing in normal, although not as bad.

In eco mode, the transmission is smooth as silk and I never feel it coming down. Upshifts are a lot smoother too. Yes, the acceleration is a little delayed, but I’m used to it and am happy to deal with an extra half second in exchange for not getting ****** in my seat 5 times every time I’m coming to a stop.

The suspension is also a lot smoother in eco mode.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the the throttle tip in is not as quick in Eco mode, Especially when my wife drives(her truck, I pay the fuel bill). I looked up the parameters for Forscan and although it may be there it is not shown in changeable parameters. It may be that the programmer has not found the code address to change the default parameters for tranmission drive mode yet.