Power Deployable Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airschatz

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2011 Expedition, EL Limited, with power deployable running boards. The drivers side was not working correctly, turned out to be the rear hinge. I bought a pair of front and back hinges from ebay, they are the same part numbers as the ones on the expedition, but the ones on the expedition have a bar to attached them together. The new hinges do not have the pin with a hole to attached the bar to. Is this common? How do you attached the old bar to the new hinge?

OP
OP
A

Airschatz

Reaction score
Ok, so after I spent serious cash on a rear hinge, turned out that Ford has 2 different styles. The first one I purchased, did not have a stud pin for connecting the long actuating bar. I heated up the hinge, pulled the old pin out and replaced with the stud pin from the broken hinge. The stub pin is not tight in the new hinge because of heating it. So I bought a front and rear set of hinges with the correct stub pin for the actuating bar. I'm guess here, but I think the actuating bar is for the extended wheel base models. The new hinge worked perfect.

Now I have a front hinge with motor, a rear hinge with the stud pin (that is not tight). I believe the rear hinge will work as is on the short wheel base Expeditions and F150s. If anyone is needing them, pm me and I will be willing to sell them to you.

Thanks

TyTy12

Reaction score
Where did you get your new hinge from? I need all 4, 131” length. Your right the 131” lengths have the support bar