Power Running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loulblades

Reaction score
DavidCola, thanks for the video.

When I acquired my 2018 Expe Max Limited, among other things I wanted power running boards. My logic was I could get them up when I was out in the woods with it and have less chance of them being ripped off (like on a previous truck.) My wife does appreciate it especially since I raised it a few inches. She looks at it as a "welcome" to the truck.

I normally run the truck through an auto wash that has an undercarriage option after spending a day off road (unfortunately to get that option there is other options to pay for first). I do find that I have more issues with the passenger side due it to not being used as much.

The G. B. Ashcroft post about installing mudflaps gave me an idea of employing the small flaps used in front of the wheels for the disc brake rotors. Just a thought.

Mack444

Reaction score
This ^
I always find it funny when EVERYONE (including my wife!) believes WD-40 is a lubricant. It helps with squeaky, stuck joints because it cleans out all the junk!

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This ^
I always find it funny when EVERYONE (including my wife!) believes WD-40 is a lubricant. It helps with squeaky, stuck joints because it cleans out all the junk!
The problem is WD-40 marketing department did a good job of marketing it as a lubricant. I guess it lubricates better than water but it isn't a great lubricant. I don't think I even have any WD-40 any more but seem to have 30 different cans of other spray lubricants for "different" purposes.

I have always found the passenger side of vehicles have more issues with rust/stuck fasteners than the drivers side, I always attributed it to the fact that as roads are cleared from snow and ice it is pushed to the edges and thus more road grime and salt is thrown up on the passenger side.

loulblades

Reaction score
Speaking of WD-40 as a cleaner, my wife read somewhere (she felt reputable) that WD-40 was good for cleaning glass shower doors.
I was gonna mention the smell but being quiet is sometimes a better reaction.
She used it (once) and it did clean well but she said something along the line that she wouldn't have that smell in her bathroom.
Pretty strong in a closed space. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett