Power mirrors have stopped working, how to test switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So both mirrors have all a sudden stopped working. Switch does not do anything and I do not see any movement of the mirrors when changing memory settings. Fuses have checked out so I'm going on to my next culprit the switch.

Any idea how to test these switches for power? My multi-meter prongs will not get into these tiny openings. And looking at the wires, I can't even tell which is the power lead.

Also, any other likely places to look for this issue?

IMG_1063.jpg IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, any other likely places to look for this issue?

Is anything else not working? That could help narrow it down.

Since it will not work at all it most likely is not the switch. 90% of the time if the switch is bad one thing on the switch doesn't work (wont go up, down ect.)
Recheck the fuses under the dash and under the hood.
Check the fuses that have anything to do with the mirrors, memory and even the mirror heaters (also relay under hood for mirror heaters)

Pull each fuse(and relay) out and inspect for corrosion and test for continuity. Also check around the fuse panel for anything that doesn't look right.

https://www.autogenius.info/ford-expedition-u324-2009-2014-fuse-box-diagram/

If none of that is it, pull the door panel and inspect the wire harness. follow from switch and from mirror.

OP
OP
F

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Scouring around for info, Nathan's video here might be helpful. For an F150, but I assume it'll be the same...

OP
OP
F

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
13v to the switch. Ordered new switch, will update if corrects issue.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The switches in the door are susceptible to quitting due to water getting in from rain and and the window washers. Maybe a previous owner contributed to it.