Power running board is shot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use Fordparts.com(it's Ford's official site) to find part numbers and then search the web for a good price.

I recently replaced parts on my 05 Navi power running board and purchased from Tasca. I believe 2nd gens are a totally different design power running board though.

Bentley

Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble removing the old motor from the bracket to install the new one? I ordered new motors for both power running boards. I removed the 3 bolts, lubricated the hinges, but the slotted steel rod will not come out of the bracket. I have been beating it with a punch but it will not budge. HELP?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a way to disable the power running board on driver's side thru software vs. unplugging it?

Will it show an error if left unplugged? Will it stay retracted if unplugged?

StephanSloan

Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble removing the old motor from the bracket to install the new one? I ordered new motors for both power running boards. I removed the 3 bolts, lubricated the hinges, but the slotted steel rod will not come out of the bracket. I have been beating it with a punch but it will not budge. HELP?
Mine were very tight. I used a pulley puller like this https://www.homedepot.com/p/5-1-2-in-Evaporative-Cooler-Pulley-Puller-6100/100122345 along with heavy doses of CorosionX and heat on the aluminum bracket. Good luck and take your time if you can.
Regards,
Stephan

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anybody not noticed this is a 4 year old thread!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe it's relevant, but dragging on a 4 year old thread, the problem is the original posters are usually long gone. So who are you going to banter with? Your basically talking to yourself. It's better to start a new thread if original is more than 6 months old. That way you've got a fresh group to bounce off of. At least that's what I've been told.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk