Power steering fluid change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My dealer advised me at my last oil change that I should have my power steering fluid changed because it was dirty and it would be good preventative maintenance. Another shop told me something similar when I had it in for an alignment and state safety inspection.

My truck has ~67k miles and is going in for its 67,500 service on Wed. Should I have the PS service done, or is it just a fluff service? I haven't seen it in the owner's manual or service schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sbar09

Reaction score
I thought the PS was 100k. Its Mercon LV or V fluid. Easy to do yourself as well. Always good to keep a 600 dollar steering gear happy I suppose.

OP
OP
rwmorrisonjr

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's my thought, and I put a lot of miles on the truck commenting in DC traffic. They quoted me $150 the last time, so it might be worth it.

I just checked my owner's manual again, and didn't see anything about servicing the power steering system or changing the fluid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: