Power Steering Issue on my 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jered22

Full Access Members
Reaction score
About two weeks ago I started to notice a squeaking sound when ever I would turn the steering wheel. I thought it was just the steering column that would need some lubrication. Then I noticed a couple days ago that what I was hearing was coming from under the hood. It just happened to be loud enough to hear in the drivers seat. I checked the power steering fluid levels and they are good. Since my truck only has 26000 miles on it should I be alarmed that a part is failing early? what could this be? I only hear it when I turn the steering wheel...

Toyman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it's still under warranty, and appears that it is, I would have the dealer fix whatever needs fixing to eliminate the squeaking. I doubt if it's an indication that everything else is going to fail if that's what you mean to be alarmed. Because it's steering related would motivate me to get it looked after sooner vs. later.

OP
OP
J

jered22

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it's still under warranty, and appears that it is, I would have the dealer fix whatever needs fixing to eliminate the squeaking. I doubt if it's an indication that everything else is going to fail if that's what you mean to be alarmed. Because it's steering related would motivate me to get it looked after sooner vs. later.

Thanks I am going to make the appointment today. The funny thing is it is now raining this morning and I do not hear it as loud as when it is dry outside. GO figure. Thanks for your help