Powerstop Drilled Rotors and Hawk Pads - Brake Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally got my rotors and pads installed after they had been sitting in my house for 2 months. I got them from buybrakes.com where you can use the coupon code 08010 to get $10 off and they have free shipping on orders over $100.
I got the Powerstop drilled rotors and the Hawk ceramic pads for all 4 wheels.
The ceramic pads help reduce brake dust, but I had ceramics on before so that wasn't really a change for me. Also, my old ceramics that I had on for about 80,000 miles still looked good when I had them replaced. I only replaced them because you're suppose to put on new pads with new rotors.
There was only a very small improvement when making a stop at low speeds, but where they really show an improvement is going from 70mph to a stop. I tested them when I was comming off the freeway and I was pretty impressed. They provide a solid and quick stop with no negative effects.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i installed power stop drilled and slotted rotors with evolution ceramic pads on all four corners yesterday and got them broke in... as for driving around town under 45 there wasnt any noticeable difference but having to do a panic stop on the hiway at 70 the difference was huge soo for $210 it is well worth the money for the added safty

Eric

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What brand were the brake pads you got 80,000 miles out of? I would assume you would recommend those as I am at a point where I need to replace my pads att the way around.

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What brand were the brake pads you got 80,000 miles out of? I would assume you would recommend those as I am at a point where I need to replace my pads att the way around.

I don't know what brand they were, I just told a shop I wanted ceramic pads put in and they gave me what they had. I think any quality ceramic pad you get (like Hawk) will last over 100,000 miles.

ArTXHorn

Reaction score
i installed power stop drilled and slotted rotors with evolution ceramic pads on all four corners yesterday and got them broke in... as for driving around town under 45 there wasnt any noticeable difference but having to do a panic stop on the hiway at 70 the difference was huge soo for $210 it is well worth the money for the added safty

What all did you get for $210, that sounds like a great deal?

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i got mine on ebay. dealer was brakeoverstock i belive but just search for 97 expedition brakes and they will come up with over 100 options good luck and yes it was a package deal with free shipping... as always when dealing with ebay check the trueness of the rotors as they are guaranted

ArTXHorn

Reaction score
i got mine on ebay. dealer was brakeoverstock i belive but just search for 97 expedition brakes and they will come up with over 100 options good luck and yes it was a package deal with free shipping... as always when dealing with ebay check the trueness of the rotors as they are guaranted

Thanks for your help, I'll check it out.