Pricing Question....needing someone with an insider understanding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShawnP

Reaction score
I negotiated a good deal on my 2018 F-150 Platinum...and now I have a 2020 Expedition Limited Special Edition on order. When I did the truck, after I ordered, I received a Private Cash Offer of $750....and when the truck came in the dealer gave me all kinds of BS about, we can't use that, blah, blah....but I held firm and the deal went through.

So my order for the Expy is in...and I received an "Exclusive Cash Offer" for $2000 off. So here is my question:

If I have a good deal in hand that is already agreed upon, and when I go to pick up I lay the $2K offer on the table and expect that to be added to the mix.....what harm does it do to the dealer to take off the $2K? No matter the deal, doesn't that $2K come out of Ford's pocket and does not affect the dealer's profit?

I just want to prepare for the pushback. They always say when you order, "the incentives depend on what is active when it comes in". Okay, here is an active incentive that started up after I placed the order, but before it came in...and is not expired. Do they have any reason not to add the incentive on to the deal?

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What have you signed? Read the fine print...

OP
OP
ShawnP

ShawnP

Reaction score
Nothing yet...just ordered the Expy back in late Dec. but it should be in a few weeks.

What I am really looking for is an insider's knowledge as to if the Exclusive Offer incentive comes out of the dealer's pocket or Ford's?

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They don't have you put down a deposit or sign anything when ordering a vehicle?

So there is no recourse if you walk the deal?

If that's the case it's good that nothing is signed. You have leverage, if needed. The Private Cash Offers are from Ford and do not come out of the dealers cut.

OP
OP
ShawnP

ShawnP

Reaction score
I put down $1000, but I don't have to take the car and they cannot keep the $1000 if I changed my mind....I do know that. I have ordered cars (several of them Fords) and I am always clear on that.

But my understanding is the same as yours...while not a "private cash offer", I would think the "exclusive cash offer" would fall under the same category as an incentive from Ford to the consumer, not the dealer...so the $$ would come from Ford.

Not sure if you (AAOO) are on the inside of the business....but I was just looking for someone who is on the inside to confirm that in that scenario that the $2K difference between the original negotiated deal and the new deal with this new incentive would come from Ford and not be something the dealer had to eat.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not on the inside of the business. Just going off what I think I know. PCO and ECO should be the same.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It sounds like your getting hung up on the Ford “CASH” rebate of $2000 if you pay cash. Thats money Ford gives uou for paying cash. Dealer has nothing to do with it.
You negotiate your price first then tack on any Ford rebates.
Example dealer says pay Sticker lets say its $73,600. Then dealer says oh if you pay cash Ford will give you $2000 off that $73,600. You pay tax on the $73,600 but your deal is $71,600. Your dealer didn’t cut you any deal you just paid full price. Lol

I used True car I got $9,000 off msrp ie sticker. Then I paid cash and took another at that time $2300 off via ford cash kick back. So my final deal was $11,300 off sticker. I paid tax on the price that was $9,000 less than sticker ie my purchased price. Then ford gave me $2300 cash which was applied to the negotiated price. But I pay tax on that $2300 etc

flying68

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You just have to give them the offer # and they enter it into VINCENT. Just be aware that it may not combine with any special financing or other rebates. Your dealer will tell you when they enter it in. It doesn't cost them anything as it is a Ford factory rebate.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm no insider, but when I bought my Expedition I brought up my private cash offer up at the end and they took that off of our already agreed upon numbers, making the deal even better for me.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford is really giving discounts for cash sells? When I was buying mine they only had discounts for using FORD financing at some crazy high rate. Based on my experience they didn't want you to pay cash and wanted you to lease or finance.