problems associated with fuel pump replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbollinger

Reaction score
Have a 2008 EL with 110,000 miles. Fuel pump went out about 6 weeks ago. Had a shop replace it. Immediately following replacement had two problems surface:

1. Can't completely fill the gas tank. With much effort, can only get 3/4 to 7/8 of a tank of gas now. Possible that a fuel pump replacement could impact this?

2. There's a clicking coming from the rear suspension during/after slow turns (like turning at a stop sign). What back there needs to be dropped to access the fuel pump in the tank that they might not have fully re-tightened?

Thanks much.

Chris

fxdwg

Reaction score
If I had to guess, they kinked the vent hose when they reinstalled the tank. That's why you're having difficulty filling it. I can't answer the second question, though.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also consider the fuel level sensor is not working correctly. They are integral to the fuel pump nowadays.

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd assume there's a legal warranty on the repair. Just go back and have them fix it.