Pulled TB on my 04 5.4 2V

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I pulled the throttle body to give a cleaning. I was going to pull the Elbow too so I could clean the EGR ports as I've seen on here. On my 04 It has a huge EGR port I can almost stick my finger into. Does it still have the small ones if I pull the elbow off? The O-ring wasn't in stock so I didn't go through the hassle of pulling it.

The TB was pretty nasty on the back side. It runs great and gets around 17 in town. Just wanted to do some preventive maintenance.

I was going to do the plugs as well but I had a ballast from one of my HID's off ebay go out. Had to find the original bulb and throw it back in for now.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The throttle body on the 5.4 has a single larger EGR port where as the 4.6 throttle body has TWO smaller EGR ports

OP
OP

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Makes sense. Changed the plugs a couple nights ago. Only took about an hour. Not as bad as I've heard on here.

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah plugs on the 2v are easy. Having an 04 you've got the heads with the 8 thread plug bores too. Took me about 2 hours start to finish on mine going slow. I rebuilt the COPs too.