Pulled the trigger on a new bumper today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that thing is beastly my friend! cant wait to see it on. so d-rings and not shackles. why you do that? i like d-rings personally but why did you ever choose shackles?

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cant til you get it so you use your new winch and tell us about it.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
maybe you can come down here so if i get stuck in anderson again you can get my ass out. haha

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, business at TAG must be pretty good. I placed my order a month ago and they won't actually start work on it for a few days. It did give me a chance to change my order, decided on D-rings instead of shackle mounts.

So in the meantime, imagine this exact bumper on a big white Expedition... (We call the process 'mental photoshop')
Wincher-067.jpg

Oh but no roller fairlead, since I'm using synthetic winch rope.

thats the exact same bumper i am looking at getting, but for a ********* expy! hahah

OP
OP
tonydiv

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
that thing is beastly my friend! cant wait to see it on. so d-rings and not shackles. why you do that? i like d-rings personally but why did you ever choose shackles?

My initial thought was that I could take the shackles off in the winter to avoid rust issues. But the more I though about it, I don't really want those 2" mounts sticking out of the bumper all the time. I'm sure that the space behind the D-ring is going to be a rust magnet, since there's no way to get paint behind it.

For the weather up here, what I really need is to have the bumper made out of 7/16" aluminium plate. Two words though Cha Ching.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah i dont blame you. $$$ is always the issue. what you can do though is use spray bed liner there. its TOUGH! i was towing out my buddys all day in the desert when i went. the bed liner is still there. not even chipped or scratched. i love that stuff.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how much is that bumper? i want one soooo bad its so sexy :drool2:

OP
OP
tonydiv

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I think that about $100 of that is shipping.

The basic bumper is only about $600, but once you start adding all the cool stuff to it the price jumps up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badbolr