Pulled the trigger on a new bumper today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
also im getting the multicarrier bumper from them. front ill make rear i want that one. stright tire though. 2 jerry cans cb mount jack mount and reciever hitch. should look badass! but thats later in the future.

hmmm... i wonder if i can talk my mom into letting me send her truck to them for the multicarrier. it would be free! haha

OP
OP
tonydiv

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
The bumper is painted, not powdercoated, which is kind of a bummer. I was going to pay an extra $60 to have them hit it with bedliner, but they don't use Rhino, it's just the same Duplicolor bedliner that you can buy at the parts store in spray cans. I've had really good luck with that stuff on other outdoor projects, so I'll just do that myself for half the price.

Panda, I was going to get the rear bumper too, but I still can't decide if I'll be happy having to swing that spare tire away every time I need to get in to the back.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
where is this damn bumper at?! i wanna see it so i can buy one!!!!!!!!!!!!! then i can build a bracket so i can move the 8K winch i have now from the front to behind the rear bumper...

OP
OP
tonydiv

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
No kidding... They said it would be here before memorial day, but they still haven't even charged my credit card. I'm glad that they build it from scratch, instead of just modifying one that they have on the shelf, but the waiting is killing me.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so they dont keep any in stock? is there that low of a demand? i like their FRONT bumper

OP
OP
tonydiv

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Every one is custom made to your specs. There are tons of configurations available for each individual truck. They are making mine specific to the 3" body lift, with the winch mount, 5" lights, shackle mounts and the grill and light guards.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every one is custom made to your specs. There are tons of configurations available for each individual truck. They are making mine specific to the 3" body lift, with the winch mount, 5" lights, shackle mounts and the grill and light guards.

thats pretty much the exact setup i want to order from them...after i get the 3" bl of course!

OP
OP
tonydiv

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Well, business at TAG must be pretty good. I placed my order a month ago and they won't actually start work on it for a few days. It did give me a chance to change my order, decided on D-rings instead of shackle mounts.

So in the meantime, imagine this exact bumper on a big white Expedition... (We call the process 'mental photoshop')
Wincher-067.jpg

Oh but no roller fairlead, since I'm using synthetic winch rope.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badbolr