pulling a trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

24kttop

Reaction score
Just purchased a 06 eb expy 4x4 with what i am guessing the standard towing package no 7 pin plug just a 4 pin. My question is i am looking at geting a trailer to pull my harley with. Right now i am looking at a 6x8 or 6x10 size. I am moving to nw colorado. Will i be ok pulling this or do i need to add anything?
thanks

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You're probably going to be OK as the trailer and Harley should only be around 2000 lbs max assuming 800 for the bike and 1200 for the trailer (both on the heavy side). Trailer brakes couldn't hurt, but I don't think they are totally necessary for that weight.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i completely agree with stoned. if your buying the trailer new from a dealer you can get the brake controller and 7 pin plug as part of the deal and they can install it for you. since you will be in the mountains but with that lighter weight you should be fine either way

Poppa Wheelie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My flatbed quad trailer weighs about 2000 empty, and I have towed 3 sport quads plenty of times for a total of 3100 lbs or so. No problems, just leave more following distance, and use engine braking on long hills.