Question about side mirrors with signal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 99 Exp Eddie Bauer and both side mirrors are badly scratched,,, Would it be better just replacing the whole unit or is there a way to just replace the mirror with signal ... ???? Looking to find the best price and where to buy them ...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thx...i think zombiesoldier is in colorado springs...at fort carson...maybe you can link up with him and he can personally take a look at them and help you out...you can send him a private message or send a S.O.S. to him on here...

@ zombieland...copy that?

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is what they look like, it looks like black scratches in the mirror

Attachments

• DSCF1591.jpg
    DSCF1591.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCF1592.jpg
    DSCF1592.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 128

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Texas, first off, give Muth a call/e-mail and see what they say about the mirrors. They may send you new mirrors for free (glass only). This was a known problem and there was a time where they were sending out free mirrors to those that wrote them. I am just not sure if they are still doing that or not.

As for replacing the glass, it isn't something that is really hard. But, you do need some hand strength as you need to pop 2 friction clips inside the housing and you will also end up pulling the gears over the motor assemblies. When you are pulling the mirror out, it is going to sound like you are destroying the mirrors. Honest. It is just fine. It is going to sound like you are stripping out the gears. Keep pulling. Adventually they will pop out. When you get the new glass, you will see where the 2 friction clip (ball joints) are and then you have 2 more posts where the gear stems snap into the mirror.

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sclass they were like that when i bought the car.. @ Thermo thank you I will def call them, got a few guy friends who can help install them, thanks so much for all the info

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoot701