Radar Detector Mirror Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhk118

Reaction score
Anyone figure out how to keep the power on whether the truck is on or off? I’m trying to power a dash cam and it works fine when accessory is on but not when truck is off.

How did you end up wiring the dash cam? I have my V1 into the black and white switched power and ASS programmed off in Forscan which is how I figured out how to keep power on at all times....but would like to install a dash cam that needs both the switched 12v and constant 12v for parked function to work and wondering if the green/brown wire up there in the mirror is perhaps constant 12V based on the wiring diagram posed on the first page of this thread? Appreciate any help!

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I gave up on using my V1...GM & Audi proximity cruise etc polluting the airwaves set the thing off so much I have give up on using it!

OP
OP
B

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I gave up on using my V1...GM & Audi proximity cruise etc polluting the airwaves set the thing off so much I have give up on using it!

I run mine with K band turned off. Nobody around us uses it and I just make sure to slow down through small towns when traveling. That knocks out all the blind spot monitoring “noise”

Spencer Frazier

Reaction score
Anyone know the fuse location for the wires tapped into above? My fuse tripped a year+ ago and I can't find the right fuse to replace.

chaffdb

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread - I can't answer Spencer's question, but I can update the install for '22's.

Installed a Uniden R8 on a Blendmount using Mirror Taps yesterday evening. The clip location and design appears to have changed slightly, but I can confirm it is still the white (+) and black (-) wires on the mirror side of the plug that can be tapped for switched power.

Thanks to Bow512 and the others in this thread. Very helpful, and hopefully these photos might provide additional assistance to others in the future.

mirror 1.jpgmirror 2.jpgmirror 4.jpgmirror 5.jpgmirror 6.jpg

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks chaffdb, I was hoping this thread might lead to a '22 discussion!

Bonk

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread - I can't answer Spencer's question, but I can update the install for '22's.

Installed a Uniden R8 on a Blendmount using Mirror Taps yesterday evening. The clip location and design appears to have changed slightly, but I can confirm it is still the white (+) and black (-) wires on the mirror side of the plug that can be tapped for switched power.

Thanks to Bow512 and the others in this thread. Very helpful, and hopefully these photos might provide additional assistance to others in the future.

View attachment 75144View attachment 75145View attachment 75146View attachment 75147View attachment 75148
Thanks!!

JCGMS

Reaction score
Thanks for the thread everyone, very helpful.

I spliced a dashcam charger and a radar telephone cable together into one set of red and black wires and tapped into the mirror switch as above. Both worked without issues on a 13h road trip.

Want to add that there’s enough space in the headliner area to stash away the 5V dashcam box and a bunch of excess wire cleanly, all covered by the plastic trim piece.