Raising an airbag sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This was the best way for me to raise up my suspension up a little for a more aggressive look. I've since then put on a 3" body lift but used this method to level the front end.

In the front driver side wheel well behind the wheel is a sensor. I took it off the ball joint and zip tied it above it giving it more lift.
20130309_154448_zps9f1f8927.jpg

20130309_154513_zps245e3750.jpg

The rear is located behind the back driver side wheel behind the frame. It should be next to the airbag. There is a ball joint also. It can move up and down if it's not rusted. mine was so I zip tied it on top of the joint. Pic here
20130309_154405_zps568db082.jpg

Make sure not to go max height because you can destroy the airbag. Also higher up you go the less travel and thus a bouncy hard ride. Enjoy!

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did this too but I inflated them then took the sensors out then the compressors shut up hahaah

AuctionExp

Reaction score
Reefcrazy,

Any chance you could take a picture looking down at the top of the drivers side front ride height sensor from the engine bay?

My check suspension light came on, and when I looked at the top of the bracket/sensor from under the hood, I can see where my sensor mounting bracket has been bent upright and is now touching the steering column.

To top it off, my height sensor is now at a 90 degree angle (does not look right).

Anyway, I'd trying to get a reference point to see where the top sensor bracket/sensor sits in relation to the steering column so I can bend the bracket back into the proper position.

Any help would be appreciated.

AuctionExp

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics I took looking down at the top of the bracket/sensor from under the hood. You can see where the bracket/sensor has torn the bellows of the steering column and is now rubbing against the column.

Attachments

• photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 154
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 305
OP
OP
reefkrazy

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics I took looking down at the top of the bracket/sensor from under the hood. You can see where the bracket/sensor has torn the bellows of the steering column and is now rubbing against the column.

Hey sorry just saw this. I can get some tomorrow for you.

OP
OP
reefkrazy

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you change anything around the wheel area ? Did you change anything at all.

AuctionExp

Reaction score
Thanks reefkrazy, I can't wait to see the stock set-up so I can get this fixed. I did have the wheel off when I put in some sway bar bushings, but I don't remember moving the ride height sensor.