Rancho Quick-lifts questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
.probably would help if gave your garage height...lot of different size garage doors..i dont have any issues getting mine in the garage after...Be safe and Good Luck!

My brother-in-law put a lift kit and larger tires on his Ford Bronco in my in-laws garage. He couldn't back out because when he was finished it didn't fit. He ended up letting the air out of the tires to get out.

OP
OP
Quique309

Quique309

Reaction score
.probably would help if gave your garge height...lot of different size garage doors..i dont have any issues getting mine in the garage after...Be safe and Good Luck![/QUOTE]

My garage door is 7ft tall. I am hoping I can still get in. I have also seen a lot of parking buildings with a 7ft hight limit.

OP
OP
Quique309

Quique309

Reaction score
I don’t know how many kinds of Rancho shocks there are but the ones I got have adjustable damping. I am under the impression that I can drive around with a softer ride and adjust them when I tow. Are they still bouncy with the soft settings?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t know how many kinds of Rancho shocks there are but the ones I got have adjustable damping. I am under the impression that I can drive around with a softer ride and adjust them when I tow. Are they still bouncy with the soft settings?

Mine annoyingly go straight from bouncy to floaty

the bus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the quicklift on my gen2. You can dial in the suspension to be as tight or bouncy as you want. I had it really tight in p rated tires and now with e rated tires i softened it. However if in an area which uses a lot of road salt. Make sure you take the adjusting knob off and load it up with grease. It takes a lot of wiggling to get the new ones in. I did it all with out air tools. You will need a long pipe to break the bolts loose. The front ones were like 300ftlbs. You will need 2 people to get the new ones in... one pushing the lower arms down with a bar while the other is putting strut and lower bolt in. Make sure to use blue lock tire on threads. And you will need an alignment after. Mine went up 3" but my springs were shot. I think the specs over new is about 1". Also with the way the suspension is designed in the rear, the rear wheel will be a little more forward in the wheel well. I like them :). Got them from rock auto and they run a deal in the fall shocktober fest.

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also like the Rancho QuickLifts on my 2010 EL. Install took about 4 hours solo in the driveway with air tools, and that included swapping my stock rear coils to the Ranchos. I run E load rated tires at 50 psi with the dampeners set to 7 (I think) and it rides really nice.

I stiffen the rear shocks when towing without a weight distribution hitch and it helps keep things from bouncing.

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I raised my expy 3.5/2.5 (On 35's) and replace the struts with Bilsteins & Moog springs and Moog hardware at all corners. The Bilstein has been very disappointing I believe they are valved to firm. Hits bumps in the road (any size) as though a straight pipe is in place of the strut. I will be replacing most likely with rancho quick lift.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I raised my expy 3.5/2.5 (On 35's) and replace the struts with Bilsteins & Moog springs and Moog hardware at all corners. The Bilstein has been very disappointing I believe they are valved to firm. Hits bumps in the road (any size) as though a straight pipe is in place of the strut. I will be replacing most likely with rancho quick lift.

I think it's the 35's

Maybe try some other wheels first to pinpoint the problem?

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had toyo AT 33 with stock set up no issue and drove with same 33 after mod for a month and drove as I described do not the 35