Quick Disconnect Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Montana-TN

Reaction score
2024 3.5
I'm installing a vapor catch can system on my new Expedition.
I have been struggling to release the factory drivers side pressure tube from the turbo inlet.
The quick disconnect fittings on this tube only are different than all the other typical quick disconnects on the vehicle.
Does anybody know if these particular fittings need a special tool to release them? Unlike all the others factory or aftermarket the is no tab or button style release mechanism on the fittings in question. unnamed.jpg

OP
OP
M

Montana-TN

Reaction score
Great... :-(
I was at the local Ford Dealer this morning, they were surprised by the entire problem. It must be something new on just the drivers side for 2024, because the passenger side line to the intake had the typical blue insert with the tab release and it snapped right off.
One of the mechanics called BS on my problem and we walked out to a 24' on the lot he opened the hood and was going to show me how wrong I was, he screwed with it for 15 minutes and could not get it released.
I went back to the parts guy and he looked to see if there was a special tool listed and he couldn't find anything.
While he was into it, I asked him how much a new replacement hose is, turned out to be $18. so I ordered one. Figured I can look at the internal clip and figure out how they release, if not I can at lease cut the original one off, move forward with my project and save the new replacement line just in case i need to remove the vapor canister and go back to stock at some point.

OP
OP
M

Montana-TN

Reaction score
Update relating to the drivers side PCV tube connections on 2024's
Anybody considering a catch-can system that requires the removal of this tube, should be aware, at this time there are no special release tools called out by Ford and it appears to be a big surprise to the mechanics I have questioned that the connectors used on the 2024's are different than the type used on the passenger side.
I ordered and received a replacement tube so I could review the inner workings of the clips only to realize there is no way to release the "orange" internal catch. It would maybe be possible to release them with a fuel-line style tool but the clip latches so low on the riser tube there is not enough room under the connector to insert that style tool.
The final solution was to cut off the original tube and connectors. Typical 5/8" generic connectors that come with most of the high-end kits allow re-connection just fine without leaks.
I'm still waiting for a few more parts to complete the project. I will provide a final installation picture once complete.

LegalBrief

Reaction score
Only the passenger side has oil, the catch can only goes to the passenger side.

There is zero reason to ever touch the drivers side, hence the clips.

OP
OP
M

Montana-TN

Reaction score
I am using the RX Dual-Can system that does require connections and routing on both sides in order to provide vacuum draw at low RPM and idle and at high RPM under boost conditions. Looking into all the systems available I agreed with the engineering design and concept more so with RX than other manufactures. I either case, something is better than nothing so I am sure any effort to control recycling of solids though the PCV system is a good idea.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani