Raptor Style Lights and Mesh Grill Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blkmonday

Reaction score
Yup...got it. Just took some patience. Much easier than pulling off the bumper cover. Came out great. Pic doesn't do it any justice at all. Much nicer in person. Already getting compliments

20210430_162833.jpg

blkmonday

Reaction score
Again..pics don't do it justice but this closer up. Both bottom and top are done in the mesh mentioned above. The mesh is plenty rigid enough to hold the lights in the top section. The bottom section I have an off road bar light that I added as well. I mounted a bar across the bumper mounts and mounted the bar to that. Pretty easy to do once the grill was out. I. Happy with it. Time will tell how the paint/power coat on the mesh will hold up but for the price ill swap it out if and when it gets ugly

20210510_145820.jpg

20210510_145835.jpg

blkmonday

Reaction score
i do have to hide the white wire leads though haha...noticing them more now in the picture. Also the Ford logo was like 11 bucks on Amazon and fit perfect. A few different colors to choose from

OP
OP
tommyddsr

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks very nice. Mine has been on for a year now and no signs of any wear. They are powder coated, not painted, so the finish should last.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like that setup. Any product info?
If you want an answer to your question, it is best that you send an alert to them.
There are two ways to send an alert,

One is you can quote them like I did you with the quote button bottom right of their post.

The other is you can mention them by putting @ in front of their name
@Hvunderground845

blackedoutlimited

Reaction score
So I've had a few few people on the forum ask me about my mesh grill and Raptor style lights. I posted it before but in the middle of another thread. So I thought I'd share if anyone is interested. So here is my $35 mod. to my factory grill modified by me. I wanted to hide the radiator as seen through the grill. So I put mesh screen behind the upper and lower grills to hide it. I also made my bracket for my "Raptor" lights out of the same mesh as to blend in to the grill while pushing the lights out. So here's the fun part. The mesh screen is gutter screen from HD. It is black gloss powder coat, and $3.21 a section. Took 4 sections. Lights are smoked lens LED's from Amazon, $10 for 10. And I used waterproof automotive connectors for the wiring, $10 for 10 male/female sets. And as a side note, you DO NOT need to remove the bumper as mentioned in other threads to remove the grill. Just reach in the release the tabs on the bottom of the grill and smack it with the heel of your fist. Comes right out. Took me 20 minutes. You do have to do this for each tab. And you will need a screwdriver to release the tabs. I also used stainless wire to tie down the mesh inside the grill after drilling the appropriate hole. Tie wraps are ok for set up but I don't trust them long haul. Here are links to the parts:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Amerimax-Home-Products-Metal-Black-Lock-in-Gutter-Guard-6360/205207064

https://www.amazon.com/LedVillage-G...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CGZCH3K1PDRDSN011F03

https://www.amazon.com/Bordan-Water...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6QYBV1N745GAQBBHXR10

And the pics. Hope they stick, I find a few with the dreaded red X on them after a while.

View attachment 40628 View attachment 40629 View attachment 40630 View attachment 40631
nice to see others that like this look as much as I did