RCI Skid Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First, I want to say I don't work for these guys and I'm not compensated in any way to say this. I merely like to share good products that I actually have experience with. I just received this flyer this morning. Just in case anyone was thinking about it. I personally love the cat guards! Wish they had them when I originally bought the kit. But I will say, I did have to buy a 90-degree angle grease fitting for the zerks on my sway bar. A little more complicated but well worth not losing a Cat.

2f722305-493a-01a2-727d-6f580029f4d3.jpg

Holiday Savings and Special Offers Continues​

With only a few more days to the New Year, it's time to stock up on all things body armor while there's still time.

RCI Off Road is still going strong with the biggest sales of the year! This sale ends 12/31/2022, so explore all RCI products today!

3a27eaaf-f412-5f3a-56ff-b601af39bd6d.jpg

zeg5000

Reaction score
Had these installed on my 2019 Limited at a 4x4 place in Lakewood CO (RSG Offroad)..they removed the front air dam (thank goodness that ugly piece of plastic crap is gone!) and it basically bolted on EXCEPT for the connection between the front skid plate and the transfer case plate. There are no corresponding holes in the frame as there are on the F150 but they were able to drill a couple new holes in one of the plates and bolt them together. Looks great and no rattles or other problems. No issues with oil changes either. I bought the complete set except for the fuel tank protection. And yes - you will be really happy with this.
I did the exact same thing as Peter L and based on his recommendation, had RSG Offroad in Lakewood, Colorado do the install... no issues whatsoever, and 100% recommend.

One additional point - I purchased the separate fuel tank skid plate plus the fuel tank hanger straps from RCI... it turns out the fuel tank hanger straps for the F150 are significantly shorter than the straps required for the Expedition so they won't work. The OEM straps for the Expy are part numbers jl1z9054f and jl1z9054h, so debating whether to buy these or return the F150 straps and fuel skid altogether.

Mack207

Reaction score
RCI is having their sale now. 15% off engine skid plate. Anyone installed these recently? Is it a bolt-on now, or is drilling still necessary?

eugene11

Reaction score
RCI is having their sale now. 15% off engine skid plate. Anyone installed these recently? Is it a bolt-on now, or is drilling still necessary?
Yeap, I've ordered a set and it's coming slowly box by box to Canada. First, I was sent a wrong tranny plate from powerboost f150, replaced, then my engine plates set came in and the 2nd piece had no bend for steering rack, asked them to ship a correct one.
Once I solve that freaking puzzle and crawl under the truck then for sure I will take some pictures.