RCI Skid Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KFordEx8

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RCI is having a 15% sale right now so I am thinking about getting a complete set.

Just wanted to confirm with folks that have installed both the engine and tranny skid plates that these are indeed the correct one to get:
I've read in a previous thread where one person said they were bolt-on w/o mods while some else had to make minor mods.

For their transfer case skid plate, which one will fit best with the least mods?

OP
OP
K

KFordEx8

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long thread but think you can start here and get most of the info quickly:

@KFordEx8 , where are you finding the 15% off pricing? I was just on the website and didn't see any discount pricing....

Thanks, that’s the thread I was referring to in this original post. Actually read through all of it. The most recent reply post in it is actually mine but no one replied so figure I’d start a new RCI specific thread.

The discount code is TAXTIME. Saw it when I went to the home page.

Attachments

• 6D1D3EC0-A6CE-4106-A045-707D5B125470.jpeg
    6D1D3EC0-A6CE-4106-A045-707D5B125470.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 11

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, that’s the thread I was referring to in this original post. Actually read through all of it. The most recent reply post in it is actually mine but no one replied so figure I’d start a new RCI specific thread.

The discount code is TAXTIME. Saw it when I went to the home page.
Duh, discount is right on the front page of their website. Thanks.

Yes, agree the other thread doesn't provide an absolute answer. Main takeaway for me was last generation F-150 is the way to go. However, you can still expect to have to do some modifications since they don't make them specific to the 4th generation Expy.

OP
OP
K

KFordEx8

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duh, discount is right on the front page of their website. Thanks.

Yes, agree the other thread doesn't provide an absolute answer. Main takeaway for me was last generation F-150 is the way to go. However, you can still expect to have to do some modifications since they don't make them specific to the 4th generation Expy.

Mainly drilling holes to line up with existing fastening points on the vehicle is what I also got. That I can do.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct, that is the right package. I also got this to work just fine as well, though I did have to drill one extra hole on the frame rail with a self tapping bolt, the other hole lined up with quick nut.

OP
OP
K

KFordEx8

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct, that is the right package. I also got this to work just fine as well, though I did have to drill one extra hole on the frame rail with a self tapping bolt, the other hole lined up with quick nut.

Ordered this set that include the 09-14 transfer case skid plate. I'll see how that one fits.
$80 less total than buying each separately.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ordered this set that include the 09-14 transfer case skid plate. I'll see how that one fits.
$80 less total than buying each separately.
I think you're going to be really happy with your purchase. Keep us updated.

Peter L

Reaction score
Had these installed on my 2019 Limited at a 4x4 place in Lakewood CO (RSG Offroad)..they removed the front air dam (thank goodness that ugly piece of plastic crap is gone!) and it basically bolted on EXCEPT for the connection between the front skid plate and the transfer case plate. There are no corresponding holes in the frame as there are on the F150 but they were able to drill a couple new holes in one of the plates and bolt them together. Looks great and no rattles or other problems. No issues with oil changes either. I bought the complete set except for the fuel tank protection. And yes - you will be really happy with this.

Attachments

• 20211202_123129.jpg
    20211202_123129.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 103