rear ac lines dimensions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anders

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
Anders

Anders

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I must add that replacing the whole line seems overwhelming... financially any way.
And to block the rear ac is to give up...

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A/C lines usually come in various sizes, #8, #10 & #12. I would expect an 8 or 10 on these. The hoses also come in "reduced diameter" for the same sizes. There are splice assemblies for all of them with a hose clamp type clamp to secure the splice. Not the best method and may leak over time.
Another option is to remove the line and have a splice installed, crimped with the proper compression tool.

Here is the crimp tool we use:
http://www.amazon.com/MASTERCOOL-Manual-Hose-Line-Crimping/dp/B001DUPKJM

Call around to your local auto parts stores - real ones - and ask if they make up a/c lines. Down here in Atlanta some of the companies I use for are APC and O'Reily's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Anders

Anders

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got under the car today and managed both to take a pic and some measuring.
15.5 (roughly) mm will match 5/8 i suppose.
One of the wider tubes seems to be leaking, and the clamp is the villain!!

If i guess... could it be the low pressure return who is leaking, and the other two is for heat.
I will give the Dorman 800-640 splice a try first, crimping demands to much tools...

I have a god local AC repairer... will probably end up at his shop :D

Attachments

• AC leak rear line.jpg
    AC leak rear line.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 639
Last edited:

capitlj

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Four Seasons doesn't appear to offer a replacement at all so it would be dealer only unless another aftermarket company has picked up the line. Otherwise the easiest thing is the route you're going, just put in a compression splice. The best thing would be to remove them and have it repaired.

OP
OP
Anders

Anders

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally a got the opportunity to lend a friends car lift (and his expertise!)
We just removed the muffler and heat shield (not easy to reach the bolts!) and removed the clamp. A small hole (salt corrosion?) could be identified.
Cleaned the line and used a cutter. Mounted the Dorman 800-640 splice and new clamps that were drilled/screwed to the frame.
Voilá!
Added coolant and oil and now i got a functional AC again!!!!!!
Im feeling good now and has just opened a big bottle of Willet pot still Kentucky bourbon :)

Attachments

• ac line 1.jpg
    ac line 1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 335
  • ac line 2.jpg
    ac line 2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 333
  • ac line3.jpg
    ac line3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
OP
OP
Anders

Anders

Full Access Members
Reaction score
one and a half month later... the Dorman splice seems to hold the coolant in place .
I saved probably more than 1000 USD!