Rear Bumper Step "insert" Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Password

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does the black part on top of the rear bumper, where you might step on to climb in the rear cargo area, just pull up and pop off? Or would the entire bumper need to come off to undo some threaded connectors?

bigdogchrisl

Reaction score
And the password is, "just pop's off with a good tank, a trim tool makes it even easier" - let's see if he can guess it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whole rear bumper facia has to come off to get to the fasteners underneath. If you just rip it off without going underneath and removing the retaining fasteners you 'll just damage the area where it fastens to and have a loose pad anyway. Pull the whole bumper.

bigdogchrisl

Reaction score
To be done correctly, Ham is 100% correct - not that anyone needed my confirmation on that. [emoji3] But they WILL just "tug" out. I was thinking you were just trying to be rid if them. If your replacing - disregard my post.

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What those guys said... the whole bumper would need to be removed. Once removed there are two metal nuts threaded on the plastic studs under the bumper step.

joellg

Reaction score
Any idea of a part number for those plastic studs with the metal nuts? Or do they come with a new step pad as one whole piece?

OP
OP
Password

Password

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To be done correctly, Ham is 100% correct - not that anyone needed my confirmation on that. [emoji3] But they WILL just "tug" out. I was thinking you were just trying to be rid if them. If your replacing - disregard my post.

LOL - I left it on. I got the truck repainted and my plan was to take it off so that it didn't get sprayed or need to be masked off. It did end up getting over spray on it but it was corrected.