Rear Caliper bracket bolt size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GingerMom0f8

Reaction score
Hi, Im replacing rear caliper, new brake pads on my 2003 but the caliper bracket bolts i have are the wrong size to fat, does anyone know the right size i need? any help i can get is appreciated. I never done this before, im just going off utube videos lol.. fingers crossed. Thanks

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Please forgive me, but this doesn't make sense. If you removed the caliper bracket bolts and you're not replacing the caliper bracket then they should fit right back in. Heck even if you are replacing the caliper bracket the original bolts should fit and if they don't I'd suggest the new caliper brackets are not correct.

They are some pretty good size bolts and they get torqued to 140lb ft.

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Holy crap. I can't imagine having a caliper bracket bolt fall out. At 140lb ft they can be tough to remove.

Anyway the thread size I'm not sure, the bolt head is 18mm. The salvage yard here doesn't charge for bolts. Maybe you can find some at a local salvage yard. They are reusable and even if they were to charge you it wouldn't likely be very much. You might not be able to find any the right size and in grade 8 at a local hardware store.

The other options I can think of would be to hit up a local dealer or take the caliper bracket to a hardware store and see what you can find. You'll need grade 8 bolts I think and with a regular head you'd need a washer as well