Rear Entertainment Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dgq68

Reaction score
So happy that I was able to help you. I was so happy today when I finally figured it out. Great news.

gohogs

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, we have started having similar issues with ours. She has started writing each time what happens and when to find a pattern. Hopefully can get the bugs worked out. Our passenger tv has now been on for two hours with the car tuned off but left unlocked in the garage. Will try to unplug both and see if it helps at all.

OP
OP
D

dgq68

Reaction score
Yeah, unplugging and replugging will reset it. Problem I have now is the drivers side is not going on again and i have to unplug and replug each time. Crazy.

gohogs

Reaction score
I unplugged and plugged back in and it reset. it now works as it should but haven't had it out of the garage. she will try it tomorrow for a couple hour trip and see how it does.

nganesh4

Reaction score
So I finally figured it out. When looking under the front seats, from in front of them, you will see a connector with three wires coming out, purple, red and black. Undo and redo that connector. I did that and the screen that was frozen shut off and restarted and now turns off when the car is off and the other screen now powers on. So weird and annoying, but literally took 10 seconds to unplug and replug and saved myself a trip to the dealer. Hopefully it stays working. Fingers crossed. Let me know if this helps you.
sorry to be dumb but how and at which part did you unplug it - I see the 3 wires but not sure at which point i need to disconnect it and afraid to bust any connections. thanks in advance. My 2 screens are on but blank and not respondind and remains off with vehicle off - thanks!

OP
OP
D

dgq68

Reaction score
There is a little tab at the bottom. Squeeze that and unplug.
sorry to be dumb but how and at which part did you unplug it - I see the 3 wires but not sure at which point i need to disconnect it and afraid to bust any connections. thanks in advance. My 2 screens are on but blank and not respondind and remains off with vehicle off - thanks!

dbonk88

Reaction score
So I finally figured it out. When looking under the front seats, from in front of them, you will see a connector with three wires coming out, purple, red and black. Undo and redo that connector. I did that and the screen that was frozen shut off and restarted and now turns off when the car is off and the other screen now powers on. So weird and annoying, but literally took 10 seconds to unplug and replug and saved myself a trip to the dealer. Hopefully it stays working. Fingers crossed. Let me know if this helps you.
Thank you for this. Came to the forum super frustrated with this and less than 200 miles on car. This worked like a charm.

BigVette

Reaction score
We just took delivery of our 2022 Lincoln Navigator Reserve 4x4 last week that we ordered in January. I was able to amend the order to add the Lincoln Play in April when it became available to order. Love the truck thus far, as well as the Amazon FireTV based RSE, but am severely disappointed that now both RSE units will not power down, even when the vehicle is off. The white LED power light for both units now (started with just the one on the left) stay illuminated and while the screen turns off, you can touch it with your finger and it comes right back on. I started to look at the cable you all describe underneath the seat but it's not so quick to budge on mine, and I don't want to get in the habit of having to do that anyways; want the dealer and VOXXintl to figure it out.

The left RSE screen has a scuff on it that cannot be removed; they literally delivered both RSE units with no screen protector. Sure, there were some nice plastic protection around the chrome bezel outlining the screen, but nothing on the screen. In fact, they even put stickers on the screens that said only to be removed by the consumer, and all they had on it was a QR code with moron instructions for how to setup your new Amazon FireTV based device. (Anyone familiar with an Amazon FireStick it's not hard.) The big problem with the stickers is that they didn't come off very easy; they required residue remover and a lot of time to completely remove. And all they would have needed is a nice screen protector like what came on the front seat center console screen.

Trying to get my Navigator back into the dealer now because the Lincoln app is saying the vehicle is disabling remote commands and entering a deep sleep to conserve battery. Problem is, they don't have any other Navigators to loan and asking me if a smaller vehicle is alright! I received an email reply from VOXXintl saying that they can overnight a new RSE unit to my dealer if necessary, so I'm asking my dealer to have the parts on hand when they get my vehicle. Not sure why neither of the units will power off, VOXXintl certainly said that is not how it is supposed to work.

20220829_153833.jpg20220830_092155.jpg20220830_092410.jpg20220830_094332.jpg20220906_064421.jpg

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We just took delivery of our 2022 Lincoln Navigator Reserve 4x4 last week that we ordered in January. I was able to amend the order to add the Lincoln Play in April when it became available to order. Love the truck thus far, as well as the Amazon FireTV based RSE, but am severely disappointed that now both RSE units will not power down, even when the vehicle is off. The white LED power light for both units now (started with just the one on the left) stay illuminated and while the screen turns off, you can touch it with your finger and it comes right back on. I started to look at the cable you all describe underneath the seat but it's not so quick to budge on mine, and I don't want to get in the habit of having to do that anyways; want the dealer and VOXXintl to figure it out.
This sucks royally, I feel your pain. I hope you get quicker resolution being in the luxury arm of the Ford/Lincoln business. For my part, I have come to realize the RSE is a lemon. It is unplugged as I have no desire to go to the dealership just yet. I might have them look into it when I go for the first service or just forfeit the feature, given I have other fish to fry.