Rear Entertainment Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgq68

Reaction score
Hi,

So I have the rear entertainment system on my 22 SPP Max. About a week ago, one of the monitors stopped going on. The one on the passenger side head rest goes on without a problem, but the drivers side does not go on. I tried the USB-C charger on both monitors and the one that goes on charges my phone, while the one that doesn't does nothing, which leads me to think it's not getting any power. Any ideas on troubleshooting or where it could have lost power? Anyone know if they have individual inline fuses or are they both on one fuse in the fuse box?

Trying to take it into the dealer, but they had some issues and pushed me out a week. Would love to solve on my own and avoid the dealer.

Don't see any obvious wires disconnected anywhere. Don't see a power switch anywhere other than the one on the remote, which does nothing. Tried resetting holding down the select and play/pause button and did nothing either.

Appreciate any and all thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Donny

gohogs

Reaction score
We had to talk with ford play when we picked ours up about an unrelated issue and they mentioned a connection under the seat. I never looked for it but worth a shot

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, likely under seat connection. Our last '20 had the RSE and passenger side would short out. Under the seat the dealer sorted it

OP
OP
D

dgq68

Reaction score
I looked under the seat and am not seeing anything disconnected. So frustrating. Any ideas if there are individual fuses or they are both on the same fuse? Where is the fuse located?

Thanks,

Donny

iamjscott

Reaction score
I just took delivery of my ‘22 Stealth Performance Max with rear seat entertainment about a week ago and TVs worked fine initially. Two days later, the passenger monitor wouldn’t go on and a day later the driver’s seat wouldn’t respond — and still doesn’t. It’s on, but nothing is on the screen and the monitor is hot to the touch. Remotes don’t help even after trying to reset. No customer service number to call. Manual is useless. Need to waste time taking it to dealer to correct. I feel your frustration. When they worked, the Fire system and streaming signal and quality was perfect. Troubling. I’ll reply to thread once fixed. Please share any ways of troubleshooting.

OP
OP
D

dgq68

Reaction score
The saga continues... Tonight the second screen just stopped working. It's on, but nothing on it, just a dim light. Tried to reset, tried holding power done, nothing. Now it's not even turning off when the car is off, better not drain my battery. So frustrating. Was supposed to go to dealer last week but they pushed me off to this week. Let me know if you had any solves. Thanks.

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The saga continues... Tonight the second screen just stopped working. It's on, but nothing on it, just a dim light. Tried to reset, tried holding power done, nothing. Now it's not even turning off when the car is off, better not drain my battery. So frustrating. Was supposed to go to dealer last week but they pushed me off to this week. Let me know if you had any solves. Thanks.
just joined the club of failed RES. Friday set it up for a trip with bluetooth connection to the cars audio from each screen. That worked. Also successfully mirrored an android device to the left screen with audio through the sound system - was very muddy and low quality but worked. While watching you tube for less than 5 minutes after I thought everything was done, the left screen failed. You have background light and it is warm but nothing happens. No touch buttons including power or any images whatsoever come up on the screen. use of the remote also does not power on or off the system. Less than 10 minutes after the left screen developed a fault, with me still seated on the middle bench wondering what was happening, the images on the right which had been independent of the left mirrored to the android, also failed. Now both have a light glow to them when the car is powered on and this remains on even with the car powered off. I have checked over 15 minutes after turning the car off in the garage and the screens still have the background light on. Will check again a few hours later, but this has the potential to become an energy drain issue if it remains on overnight - I did not check Saturday or Sunday morning upon getting to the car as I assumed it would shut down. Will update entry in a couple of hours or tomorrow

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See, this just confounds me.

Infiniti, Lexus, Toyota, Nissan, Honda,….hell GM…. Have ALL figured out how to implement RES in a headrest unit, for frikking DECADES!

I mean WTH?!!

They have been trying to “fix” mine for 18 months.

18 months. I mean, you could install an entire new system in a weekend, if you really wanted to be sure you fixed it.

OP
OP
D

dgq68

Reaction score
So I finally figured it out. When looking under the front seats, from in front of them, you will see a connector with three wires coming out, purple, red and black. Undo and redo that connector. I did that and the screen that was frozen shut off and restarted and now turns off when the car is off and the other screen now powers on. So weird and annoying, but literally took 10 seconds to unplug and replug and saved myself a trip to the dealer. Hopefully it stays working. Fingers crossed. Let me know if this helps you.

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I finally figured it out. When looking under the front seats, from in front of them, you will see a connector with three wires coming out, purple, red and black. Undo and redo that connector. I did that and the screen that was frozen shut off and restarted and now turns off when the car is off and the other screen now powers on. So weird and annoying, but literally took 10 seconds to unplug and replug and saved myself a trip to the dealer. Hopefully it stays working. Fingers crossed. Let me know if this helps you.
thanks, it worked. Question is how long before we have to reset once more....