Rear hatch/rear window ajar message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2100 miles but 440 of those came after the trouble started. Plat Max White tri with max tow and ceramic interior. Awesome vehicle but this is redic.
I have the exact same Expy. Haven't ran into the issue you are having... I have about double the miles on mine.

OP
OP
GoBison

GoBison

Reaction score
I'm hoping that its just a faulty ECM and all our issues go away and this all becomes a very distant memory.

OP
OP
GoBison

GoBison

Reaction score
I've got some disturbing news 18 Expy owners. Was just informed that the module needed to fix our running boards has been pulled. Turns out this is a major wide spread issue and Ford is working to replace the malfunction module. We are told there is no eta on replacement parts. My local dealer was able to get both in the up position and disengaged them. I will advise once i have more info. Took delivery in May.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I purposely purchased mine without the deployable running boards because it is a high use item that tends to wear out quickly because it deploys every time a door is opened. Plus I like the looks of the regular running board. The easy entry driver’s seat was the first thing to go out on my 07 Expy so I just turned it off in my 2018. The life cycle on these things is just not there yet. I hope Ford gets it together quickly for those effected.